Jussie Smollet

7 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Haha alright, sure. 

So, if he 'has done wrong', you do believe that he should be commended for faking a hate crime? Faking a hate crime is pretty despicable. Nobody should be commended for it. 

A child could understand my point but ill make it clearer for you.

His motives should be commended unless you think discrimination and racism in America should go unchecked?

Do you think it should go unchecked?

3 minutes ago, Waj said:

His motives should be commended unless you think discrimination and racism in America should go unchecked?

Talk about a strawman argument!! Wow. 

No, I don't think discrimination and racism in America should go unchecked. 

I also don't think faking hate crimes should be commended, whatever the motive. I think it's pretty obvious why. 

1 minute ago, Robin-H said:

Talk about a strawman argument!! Wow. 

No strawman here.

No, I don't think discrimination and racism in America should go unchecked. 

Good, then we   agree on something.

I also don't think faking hate crimes should be commended, whatever the motive. I think it's pretty obvious why. 

Allegedly faking hate crimes.

He has not been found guilty of anything.

9 minutes ago, Waj said:

No strawman here.

Good, then we   agree on something.

Allegedly faking hate crimes.

He has not been found guilty of anything.

That's irrelevant to the discussion. I'm not taking about Smollet. I'm talking generally. Anyone faking hate crimes, for whatever reason, should be prosecuted. They should not be praised for it. I'm shocked that even needs stating.. 

With regards to Smollet, it is very easy to read up on the case and the evidence against him yourself, and come to your own conclusion.  

That's irrelevant to the discussion. I'm not taking about Smollet. I'm talking generally. Anyone faking hate crimes, for whatever reason, should be prosecuted. They should not be praised for it. I'm shocked that even needs stating.. 

Im shocked that you need my very simple point explaining but hey ho,

2 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

With regards to Smollet, it is very easy to read up on the case and the evidence against him yourself, and come to your own conclusion.  

And im in the process of reading as much as I can but im not willing to hang the guy for it. He is innocent in the eyes of the law. Until that changes you may want to leave your burning cross and white hood at home.

Just now, Waj said:

Im shocked that you need my very simple point explaining but hey ho,

I understand why you are saying, and I don't agree. That doesn't mean I need it explaining to me, it just means I don't agree with you. 

3 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I understand why you are saying, and I don't agree. That doesn't mean I need it explaining to me, it just means I don't agree with you. 

And thats all you needed to say from the start. Im happy to agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, Waj said:

How can faking a hate crime possibly help the cause of trying to eliminate discrimination and racism ? It would have the opposite effect wouldn't it ? 

1 minute ago, jonnyhonda said:

How can faking a hate crime possibly help the cause of trying to eliminate discrimination and racism ? It would have the opposite effect wouldn't it ? 

If and I will repeat that, If he faked a hate crime im guessing he didnt think he would get caught. Im also guessing that  shining a light on hate crimes was his intention. Exposing inequality and racism is a commendable thing to do.

1 minute ago, Waj said:

If and I will repeat that, If he faked a hate crime im guessing he didnt think he would get caught. Im also guessing that  shining a light on hate crimes was his intention. Exposing inequality and racism is a commendable thing to do.

Exposing inequality and racism is indeed a commendable thing to do but , and I will repeat ,  faking a hate crime would have the opposite effect once found out and is also a vile thing to do . You obviously don't think so .

3 minutes ago, Waj said:

If he wanted to shine a light on hate crime, he could have just done that. It's not as if there aren't plenty of examples of genuine hate crime that he could have brought attention to. There was absolutely no need to fake a crime. 

Just now, jonnyhonda said:

Exposing inequality and racism is indeed a commendable thing to do but , and I will repeat ,  faking a hate crime would have the opposite effect once found out and is also a vile thing to do . You obviously don't think so .

Dont make yourself look silly.

If he wanted to shine a light on hate crime, he could have just done that. It's not as if there aren't plenty of examples of genuine hate crime that he could have brought attention to. There was absolutely no need to fake a crime. 

He Allegedly faked a hate crime. Why dont you get that he is innocent in the eyes of the law until proved otherwise.

Put the pitchfork down for just two minutes and accept that right now he is an innocent man.