Jussie Smollet

I am surprised to see a lack of commentary on this case.  I couldn't find a thread about it.

The special prosecuter will be sought and will investigate this case.  It will highlight corruption that leads all the way up to the Obama family.

What are your opinions on this foul human?

I think he needs a substantial prison sentence, not exceeding 10 years.

15 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

I think he needs a substantial prison sentence, not exceeding 10 years.

What's the crime he's alleged to have committed?

Have you not heard about the case?

He was charged with a variety of crimes including filing a false police report, disorderly conduct and sending threats and hate mail.

Truly hideous individual.

13 minutes ago, Halibut said:

What's the crime he's alleged to have committed?

On February 20, 2019, Smollett was charged by a grand jury with a class 4 felony for filing a false police report.The next day, Smollett surrendered himself at the Chicago Police Department's Central Booking station. Shortly thereafter, CPD spokesman Anthony Guglielmi stated that Smollett "is under arrest and in the custody of detectives".  On March 26, 2019, all charges filed against Smollett were dropped, with Judge Steven Watkins ordering the public court file sealed.  First Assistant State's Attorney Joseph Magats said the office reached a deal with Smollett's defense team in which prosecutors dropped the charges upon Smollett performing 16 hours of community service and forfeiting his $10,000 bond.  On March 27, 2019, it was announced that the FBI would be investigating as to why the charges were dismissed.

I cannot see anything about the Obama family, maybe James has a grievance with them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jussie_Smollett#Personal_life

2 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Didn’t he lie to police ?

Maybe, but people do that every day. 10 years for that seems rather over the top to put it mildly.

10 minutes ago, El Cid said:

On February 20, 2019, Smollett was charged by a grand jury with a class 4 felony for filing a false police report.The next day, Smollett surrendered himself at the Chicago Police Department's Central Booking station. Shortly thereafter, CPD spokesman Anthony Guglielmi stated that Smollett "is under arrest and in the custody of detectives".  On March 26, 2019, all charges filed against Smollett were dropped, with Judge Steven Watkins ordering the public court file sealed.  First Assistant State's Attorney Joseph Magats said the office reached a deal with Smollett's defense team in which prosecutors dropped the charges upon Smollett performing 16 hours of community service and forfeiting his $10,000 bond.  On March 27, 2019, it was announced that the FBI would be investigating as to why the charges were dismissed.

I cannot see anything about the Obama family, maybe James has a grievance with them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jussie_Smollett#Personal_life

The allegation is that Michelle Obama helped Michelle Foxx intervene to get the charges dropped.

I actually quite like the Obamas, especially Michelle. 

There was a thread on it. Unfortunately it had to be closed down because prejudiced people on this forum used the opportunity to make offensive remarks.

10 minutes ago, Mister M said:

There was a thread on it. Unfortunately it had to be closed down because prejudiced people on this forum used the opportunity to make offensive remarks.

Which is prolly why this one's been started, let the prejudice begin, 1,2,3.....go

2 hours ago, Longcol said:

Neither does there appear to be any mention of Smollett sending threats and hate mail.

It's historical and a separate charge.  He is being charged with sending racist hare mail to himself on the set of Empire.  Have yourself a google.

30 minutes ago, Mister M said:

That's a real shame.

19 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Which is prolly why this one's been started, let the prejudice begin, 1,2,3.....go

Why do you accuse me of intention to be prejudice?

4 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

The allegation is that Michelle Obama helped Michelle Foxx intervene to get the charges dropped.

Based on the fact the case involves an ex-chief of staff to Michelle Obama sending texts / emails to a relative of Smollett. 

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/27/jussie-smollett-investigation-ex-michelle-obama-aide-tina-tchen/3294546002/

Well, they're black - that's as good as guilty to Trumps "send 'em back" supporters.