How Long Will The 3 Way Temporary Traffic Light At Deepcar Be In Use ?

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 14:23, Justin Smith said:

Basically the inconvenience of the road users is an almost ignored priority, maybe charging companies per day for every day the site is blocking the road might give then the required consideration.

I had to drive down Parkside Rd (Hillsborough) today at just gone 8.00AM, i.e. peak commuting time. There was a tipper waggon with a grab loading spoil and blocking off one direction`s flow. Even worse it was the side with the greatest volume of traffic, that is to say into town. How could that happen ? Whose decision was it ? Surely that should have taken place either before 7.00 or after 9.00 ? That`s a classic example of the fact contractors take insufficient account of the effect of their works on road users, and the best way to change that sort of behaviour is making them pay for permits, which would be more expensive at peak time. 

for the last couple of days Anglia home improvements have blocked the pavement on Eastwood (Wadsley park)forcing at least two wheelchairs to make a detour to get off the estate - or risk using the road

As for permits why would anyone with half a brain issue them to someone blocking the peak flow except in the case of emergency apart from of course as a money making scheme

The hold up tonight was APPALLING...…. I was in the queue at about 5.30PM and I`d already queued for about 7 minutes and wasn`t even past the recycling centre ! Like many others I did a 3 point turn and went all the way round via Bolsterstone.

As I`ve been saying repeatedly, with inconvenience like that being foisted on road users (including bus passengers remember) Yorkshire Water [or their contractors] should be working 7.00AM to 8.00PM minimum to get the job done as soon as humanly possible, but they`re not. Not by a long long way. They, and other contractors doing similar road works, should be forced to get their act together or pay dearly for it.

More Hall Lane must be taking a hammering right now, bet the residents of Bolsterstone are not impressed with the extra traffic through the village either.

Edited by geared

On 14/08/2019 at 08:40, Justin Smith said:

I had to drive down Parkside Rd (Hillsborough) today at just gone 8.00AM, i.e. peak commuting time. There was a tipper waggon with a grab loading spoil and blocking off one direction`s flow. Even worse it was the side with the greatest volume of traffic, that is to say into town. How could that happen ? Whose decision was it ? Surely that should have taken place either before 7.00 or after 9.00 ? That`s a classic example of the fact contractors take insufficient account of the effect of their works on road users, and the best way to change that sort of behaviour is making them pay for permits, which would be more expensive at peak time. 

SCC do have a permit scheme.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roadworks

How well, if at all, they enforce it is an entirely different matter altogether of course.

hard to believe they would issue a permit for use like this blocking the peak flow

well perhaps not so hard when you look around at the other stupidities highlighted on these forums

Well they've gone now..... and yet water is still pouring out of a leak that seems to be in the same place as the leak before it was dug up!