How Long Will The 3 Way Temporary Traffic Light At Deepcar Be In Use ?

Does anyone know how long those road works near the Manchester Rd / Wortley road junction in Deepcar are due to be there ?

There`s a three way temporary traffic light in operation and it can be very frustrating to put it mildly.

I have to say we went past at about 4.30PM today and there was nobody working on it ! Bearing in mind the inconvenience those roadworks cause I think that`s unforgiveable. I accept they may have to dig up the road but I`d have thought they should, at the very minimum, be working say 7.00AM to 8 or even 9.00PM. Wasn`t there at some time a proposal that companies digging up the road should be charged per day ? That`d perhaps give them some motivation to get the job done as soon as possible...… It seems to me people`s inconvenience is taken no account of.

Traffic lights.... don"t they make you cross.

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

Traffic lights.... don"t they make you cross.

I thought that was Lollipop Ladies? :) 

Where is the new road they are building going?

New road?

You mean for the big housing development across the river from the Turd factory?

Edited by geared

3 hours ago, geared said:

New road?

You mean for the big housing development across the river from the Turd factory?

Turd factory? 😂😂 don't know what that is.

I'm sure there is going to be a new road or is it the entrance to a housing estate or something

17 hours ago, chocki said:

I'm sure there is going to be a new road or is it the entrance to a housing estate or something

Post 5 gives you the info. 

"New road? You mean for the big housing development across the river."

Angel1

18 hours ago, chocki said:

Sewage treatment works at Deepcar, right next to and opposite from a proposed large housing development.

If you've ever been there in summer you'll have probably smelt the place.

The sewage plant at Deepcar is moving to opposite the More Hall turnoff - where the 'Stocksbridge no 2' (snigger) sign is.

I presume the water works currently ongoing at Deepcar are related to either that move or the new estate, or both.

And yes the new road is basically the entrance for the new estate.

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 16:13, vwkittie said:

The new road is near the temp lights, going down to the new bridge. 

Temp lights are for water works that are due to end 1st september https://www.yorkshirewater.com/extra-services/in-your-area/

Thanks for that.

I wonder what is the total amount of time wasted queuing by drivers and their passengers in all those weeks.....

Don`t get me wrong I understand they sometimes have to dig up the road for some work or other, but, for a set of lights like that, which is inconveniencing huge numbers of people, they should be at the very least be putting one a half shifts a day in, possibly two, to get the work done ASAP. As I mentioned above when we pass there as early as 4.30PM everyone has gone home with no work going on. Basically the inconvenience of the road users is an almost ignored priority, maybe charging companies per day for every day the site is blocking the road might give then the required consideration.

Edited by Justin Smith

20 hours ago, Justin Smith said:

Thanks for that.

I wonder what is the total amount of time wasted queuing by drivers and their passengers in all those weeks.....

Don`t get me wrong I understand they sometimes have to dig up the road for some work or other, but, for a set of lights like that, which is inconveniencing huge numbers of people, they should be at the very least be putting one a half shifts a day in, possibly two, to get the work done ASAP. As I mentioned above when we pass there as early as 4.30PM everyone has gone home with no work going on. Basically the inconvenience of the road users is an almost ignored priority, maybe charging companies per day for every day the site is blocking the road might give then the required consideration.

the council do not care about the motorist.

I am beginning to think that the council has a devious little plan to raise pollution levels caused by traffic to such a high level to justify banning cars and the like from  areas  and that when they  start they will be able to point to a reduction even if it is illusionary