Whitby Road School Darnall Sheffield

jacklev1

Yes, Jacklev1

I remember all them and more, we lived on Nightingale street and my whole family went there, my mother was a dinner lady for a while as well.

Pity about it now!

do you remember sandra brown and molly and janet straw they lived near bottom end near staniforth rd.

Reply to Katy1981

The name Gilliver sounds familiar but I'm not sure he was in the year when most of the class left in 1959. Do you know when he was there?:):)

no i dont im afraid but he was born and bred in darnall and his brothers jimmy and victor brawshaw.

I remember when we left in 1959 we put a spud up the exhaust pipe of Mr Barnes car.

Happy Days!! Thanks Kenny for the reminders about our sports prowess. They were good times. Some other names that come to mind are Dick May John Riley and Dave Whiteley. My names John Clifton

I remember when we left in 1959 we put a spud up the exhaust pipe of Mr Barnes car.

Happy Days!! Thanks Kenny for the reminders about our sports prowess. They were good times. Some other names that come to mind are Dick May John Riley and Dave Whiteley. My names John Clifton

Hi John, Im Chris from swale rd, Do you remember the Wembley trip in the last year at school, We were up nearly all night having a laugh, We all got done for ******* in the waste paper bin, Saxon found out and i had to empty it,Remember at school we had to put out the dinner tables at dinner time.:cool:

hi.john have you still got the stall.used to see you when buying things for the dog.still think we did not get credit for all we did in sports of all kinds.remember going for sheffield boys trails were most of the team had already been picked,the guy elected captain along with a couple more played against us for firth park we gave them a right thrashing joe rogers ran them ragged think we won about 6-1.not one player from whitby made it but on ability we should have had about three in that team.it was same with cricket and athletics they were always picked from the same schools disgusting.

Hi Chris

I do remember the wembley trip was it england boys versus germany boys can't remember the score. The dinner table job was great for me as I hated lessons anyway.

Have you left me a message on g/reunited if so I will reply soon i'm off to work now it's 8am

John