Whitby Road School Darnall Sheffield

Hello Susannah. Great to hear from you. David is the same age as me. We were always very best friends as kids. Your Dad is the same age as my sister Sandra. We lived in a close knit community in Darnall. Some happy & unforgettable memories. xx

Its great to hear from you too, my dad is always telling me storys of darnall, shirland lane ect, We got all the old maps up of the area & he told some great storys, I will tell my uncle david iv have heard from you. Xxx

went to Whitby Rd,from 1955-1959 have posted on here long time ago,my name is Ken Gray,always pointed out though we had no sports ground how good we were at football and cricket,some of us should have played for Sheffield at both many times but were overlooked for other players from more favoured schools.we used to prove the point when we played them.

I went to whitby road infants and juniors remember the Moores and Drinkwaters Julie ? Malcolm Highfield his dad a policeman Andrew Gray. Paul Windle Michael Peet William Swift Kevin Ramsden Jimmy Cutts. Neil Rodgers John Berry.. Was in Christine Bates class she died I remember, Terence Haliday, A very pretty girl called Janice lilley . I remember starting in Miss Mustells class Mr and Mrs Brindley Miss Pepper and Mr Hall.Yvonne Speight was awesome she helped me with my writing. Erica Bazaluk ?

I went to Waltheof for 3 weeks before moving to Shiregreen and Hartley Brook School.[/quote

Didn't you live on York rd? remember you and your family well. My mum had the grocers on Craven Rd.

I started in 1955, names remembered, Janet Dowling, Elaine Bools, Pauline Hogg - I was Patricia Thompson - any one else remember these?

Anyone remember Norma Smith from Whitby rd.

Hi my name is Kieron johnson went to Whitby road school from 1963 all the way through until going to comp hurfield,I lived on craven road,new very well Hector sleight,graham Grantham.,Neil fletcher Nigel hann,tony pitts

I attended  Whitby Road County Girls School from September 1951-1955. We then immigrated to NewZealand. I distinctly Remember my first day crying my heart out and being slapped around the legs and told I was a big girl now, and to stop crying. We lived in Fitzmaurice Rd., there was another school nearer to where we lived but it was considered to be a bit rough.

Anyone out there recognise yourself? early 1960's

HYOuX9v.jpg

Some names I remember.

? Harry Fletcher, Glyn Oran, Valerie Burger, ? ? Richard Lean, Lavern Slynn, Susan Darling, Peter Smith, Michael Bramhall, Michael Marcus,

Jimmy Appley, Christopher Rooms, David Briggs, ? Yuseph Hadar, Melvin Jeffries, Steven Sharpe, ? Gary Hall, ? Stuart Osbourn, David Cowley,

Garry Birkwood, ? Betty Nethercot, ? ? ? Karen­_,  Garry Jackson, ?

Sorry If I missed your name but your face I do remember.

Hands up who still looks the same🤭

On 21/08/2018 at 22:08, 4044 said:

On 21/08/2018 at 22:08, 4044 said:

I remember a Norma pegg would smith be her married name, she lived off shirland lane at the canal end 

On 25/12/2020 at 20:18, Dun graftin said:

Some names I remember.

? Harry Fletcher, Glyn Oran, Valerie Burger, ? ? Richard Lean, Lavern Slynn, Susan Darling, Peter Smith, Michael Bramhall, Michael Marcus,

Jimmy Appley, Christopher Rooms, David Briggs, ? Yuseph Hadar, Melvin Jeffries, Steven Sharpe, ? Gary Hall, ? Stuart Osbourn, David Cowley,

Garry Birkwood, ? Betty Nethercot, ? ? ? Karen­_,  Garry Jackson, ?

Sorry If I missed your name but your face I do remember.

Hands up who still looks the same🤭

Still looking for Alan Barrett.      David Hobson  roger Barrett nee Norma pegg lived in the darnall area staniforth road.  nee pat Woodhouse of shirland lane around 1960