Jump to content

Need One Internal Door Hanging?

Recommended Posts

I have an internal door that I need hanging to replace the existing door. Does anybody know where I can find somebody to do it? Needs trimming down to size etc. ANy door shops that offer a hanging service?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lil-minx92 said:

Needs trimming down to size etc. ANy door shops that offer a hanging service?

Trimming as in sanding down a bit, or trimming as in sawing chunks off it to make it fit?

 

Are door shops a thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2019 at 13:19, Top Cats Hat said:

Trimming as in sanding down a bit, or trimming as in sawing chunks off it to make it fit?

 

Are door shops a thing?

Sawing chunks off- well, a couple of inches. 

There used to be a door shop on Infirmary Road and they had a guy that would come out and hang a door, fit handles etc for £50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

Sawing chunks off- well, a couple of inches. 

Please forgive me if this is stating the obvious, but if you need to saw 2” off the side of a door, take as much as you can off the hinge edge or you may find you’ve not left enough ‘depth’ on the handle side to fit the lock. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean take some off the bottom , or some off the side ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off the bottom mainly. Its a door from a door way that I filled in, that I want to replace the cellar door with, as the cellar door is not as nice, and has a disused cat flap cut out of it. 

It weighs a ton- think its an original door in Victorian house. 

On 09/08/2019 at 14:07, Top Cats Hat said:

Please forgive me if this is stating the obvious, but if you need to saw 2” off the side of a door, take as much as you can off the hinge edge or you may find you’ve not left enough ‘depth’ on the handle side to fit the lock. 👍

Not obvious to me, and why I need a pro!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

as the cellar door is not as nice, and has a disused cat flap cut out of it. 

If it’s not too rude a question, why did your cat need access to the cellar? 😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

If it’s not too rude a question, why did your cat need access to the cellar? 😵

Who said I had a cat? I pass the other half food through it if you must know 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

Who said I had a cat? I pass the other half food through it if you must know 😳

Ah the Frizel Paradigm! 😯😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.