Leaking Drain Pipe

We have a drain pipe attached to the outside wall which leaks at the joint.  This happens whenever the bath is emptied.  Is this easily remedied and has anyone any idea of cost?  

Should be a quick easy fix. Most likely a seal has gone in the joint 

1. Bodge it by using silicon sealant.

2. Replace the whole joint with new. About £3 from Screwfix/B&Q/Wickes

Thank you, so its an easy thing that anyone could do?  My husband isn't a DIY er!

11 minutes ago, Jane123 said:

Thank you, so its an easy thing that anyone could do?  My husband isn't a DIY er!

It depends where the join is. If it is a couple of feet off the ground then you just have to take the drain cover off and pull the pipe down to separate the joint. If it’s 30 feet in the air, it’s a bit more tricky.

Just a thought. Plastic drainpipes don’t usually spontaneously spring a leak. They usually start to come apart at the joints because of wind, being hit by a football, someone pulling on it etc. It may be worth checking that this isn’t the case before going any further.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It depends where the join is. If it is a couple of feet off the ground then you just have to take the drain cover off and pull the pipe down to separate the joint. If it’s 30 feet in the air, it’s a bit more tricky.

Just a thought. Plastic drainpipes don’t usually spontaneously spring a leak. They usually start to come apart at the joints because of wind, being hit by a football, someone pulling on it etc. It may be worth checking that this isn’t the case before going any further.

That's not Entirely true...Plastic is a fantastic conductor for Electric. 

You might not think so... but it is.!

Lightening can damage Plastic Drain Pipes.!

OP...It's a simple fix and should cost no more than a call out charge of £10-15.00.

17 minutes ago, FinBak said:

That's not Entirely true...Plastic is a fantastic conductor for Electric. 

You might not think so... but it is.!

???

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

???

Wake up?...?????

Its could be also due to the fact that its blocked (usually by leaves) at the very bottom, the forces the water back up the pipe and escapes at the weakest point (a joint), you may have to remove the bottom section to check first.

18 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

???

18 hours ago, FinBak said:

Wake up?...?????

Told you @Top Cats Hat I though everyone knew uPVC conducted electricity?

I ripped out all the wiring in my house and upgraded to an all plastic system ages ago, get with the times man!