Sign in to follow this  

Moving From Leeds To Sheffield Deepcar

Hello, were about to put an offer in for a house inbetween Deepcar and Stocksbridge, I work near the new Ikea. 

We're going to a 2nd viewing on Saturday we have a budget to 280k but looking for somewhere at 240/250. 

Any thing you would want to highlight or point out about the area? We're looking to start a family, don't drink much alcohol so would drive back from town if we went out down there. 

Thanks 

Lots of nice bits in Stocksbridge/Deepcar! I lived in Stocky for 10 years and now still live quite close and come in to Stocksbridge regularly. There are decent facilities nearby - leisure centre with swimming pools, several gyms, shops/cafes/restaurants/takeaways, good access to countryside walks. Fox Valley is a good asset to the area. Good access to the M1. Public transport in to town isn't too bad - you can get the SL bus or drive to Middlewood park and ride then take the tram in to town/meadowhall.

There are a few housing developments recently built or about to be built in the area. I would say it's an area on the up overall.

Only thing I'd check on really is the schools. I think for younger kids there are some good options but I'm not sure the high school is all that great.