Fernando Forestieri Handed Six-Match Ban For Racist Language.

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Well FF has lost his appeal and must serve a 6 match ban.

This will open the door to any player who wants to be vindictive towards another player and play the racist card, as it seems they have only take the word of one player against another. Makes you wonder how they decide, is it they are scared of being seen to be racist if they don't back the player making the accusation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49592857

Can't disagree with any of that. I'd love to know how Firmino got off with it at Liverpool when there was no evidence he did say anything or is it because they don't want to upset their fans

not guilty in a proper court of law,but guilty in the football kangaroo court,its simple rule for wealthy clubs,differant for us,disgrace.

Not at all suprised the verdicts gone against him,Im just mystified  that without any supporting evidence from the players around them,they have reached that decision,fair enough if another player/s has heard the remark/s.

This will follow the player around,and hel be prejudged before hes done any harm.

In a matter of this magnitude,you would hope for a common sense decision.

FF is now a racist in many opposing fans eyes as the EFL have branded him so,and yet there is no supporting statements.

Thank god they dont dish out justice in local court matters or the jails would be overflowing!

1 hour ago, staninoodle said:

Not at all suprised the verdicts gone against him,Im just mystified  that without any supporting evidence from the players around them,they have reached that decision,fair enough if another player/s has heard the remark/s.

This will follow the player around,and hel be prejudged before hes done any harm.

In a matter of this magnitude,you would hope for a common sense decision.

FF is now a racist in many opposing fans eyes as the EFL have branded him so,and yet there is no supporting statements.

Thank god they dont dish out justice in local court matters or the jails would be overflowing!

From Wednesday’s statement, I’d guess that he’s going to take legal action. That would be a good idea for all the reasons in your post

Its his only response,I was at the game and stood with mansfield fans in the home end,many of them were shocked at the vicious attacks aimed mostly at Tom Lees,who got seriously assualted .one player aimed an elbow in his face,while another tried to kick him,others slapped the back of his head,to his credit Lees shook it off and kept calm

6 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Its his only response,I was at the game and stood with mansfield fans in the home end,many of them were shocked at the vicious attacks aimed mostly at Tom Lees,who got seriously assualted .one player aimed an elbow in his face,while another tried to kick him,others slapped the back of his head,to his credit Lees shook it off and kept calm

After this affair, I can’t see SWFC offering to play Mansfield again in a friendly. Their loss.