Fernando Forestieri Handed Six-Match Ban For Racist Language.

40 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Six weeks is bit

severe (Eric Cantina got six weeks for much worse). There are players out there who's instructions and intentions are to deliberately impair an opponent by whatever means possible, where is their six weeks ?

Considering he's had 3 games already then yea I'd say so, hopefully get it reduced on appeal at least. 

The FA stood back and let Newcastle illegally poach SWFC's manager disrupting our entire pre-season and haven't said a word, yet take this excessive action over something they deem probably happened, the game is lost.

On 31/07/2019 at 18:18, Halibut said:

Do you think footballers should be allowed to use racially abusive language?

Do you have proof of Fernando Forestieri using  racially abusive language ?

Having said that could be a good tactic should the owls get to the playoff finals

Report a Derby player (Derby likely to be in final) for some word, get that key player banned for the playoff finals and Wednesday get to the premier league

Personaly I think they are looking for someone to put in the category & punishment  & to make an example of for the governing bodys slogan,

"LETS KICK OUT RACISM " which by the way there should be no racism in football or life , but what evidence have they or is  what he said she said ????.....

So Forrestiri should be left to carry on playing football until found guilty or not guilty after all the evidence from both sides are completed .

Edited by owl.66

7 minutes ago, owl.66 said:

Personaly I think they are looking for someone to put in the category & punishment for the governing bodys for

"LETS KICK OUT RACISM " which by the way there should be no racism in football or life , but what evidence have they or is  what he said she said ????.....

So Forrestiri should be left to carry on playing football until found guilty or not guilty after all the evidence from both sides are completed .

And it was supposed to be a friendly. Lol

5 hours ago, jonnyhonda said:

Do you have proof of Fernando Forestieri using  racially abusive language ?

No, I don't need to. I don't believe people go around falsely accusing others of using racially abusive language. I think he probably did it.

8 hours ago, Halibut said:

No, I don't need to. I don't believe people go around falsely accusing others of using racially abusive language. I think he probably did it.

What if it was misheard etc, probably did it is no grounds for the punishment meted out, for the record why do you think he probably did it?

11 hours ago, Halibut said:

So , according to your twisted logic , no-one accused of using racially abusive language can ever be innocent of said crime and without any proof (other than the accuser's word) , should be found guilty . 

I notice on another current thread you assumed it was a father who had abandoned his three children , even going so far as to say you would bet money on this  , only to then be told it was actually the kid's mother who had left.  Your judgement was completely wrong in this case , what makes you so sure you are not wrong in the Forestieri case ?

Just for the record , I believe racial abuse is abhorrent (as is any abuse) and quite rightly should be punished, but having read the evidence , I cannot be sure which one of the two players is telling the truth , or whether Pearce misheard Foristieri ,so think the only judgement  would be to acquit . Unlike you ,  I certainly would never advocate bringing in a guilty verdict  based on  'The black person wouldn't lie , so therefore the white person must be  guilty' or indeed the other way round. Sounds very much like 1930's  Mississippi in reverse to me.

2 hours ago, jonnyhonda said:

So , according to your twisted logic , no-one accused of using racially abusive language can ever be innocent of said crime and without any proof (other than the accuser's word) , should be found guilty . 

I notice on another current thread you assumed it was a father who had abandoned his three children , even going so far as to say you would bet money on this  , only to then be told it was actually the kid's mother who had left.  Your judgement was completely wrong in this case , what makes you so sure you are not wrong in the Forestieri case ?

Just for the record , I believe racial abuse is abhorrent (as is any abuse) and quite rightly should be punished, but having read the evidence , I cannot be sure which one of the two players is telling the truth , or whether Pearce misheard Foristieri ,so think the only judgement  would be to acquit . Unlike you ,  I certainly would never advocate bringing in a guilty verdict  based on  'The black person wouldn't lie , so therefore the white person must be  guilty' or indeed the other way round. Sounds very much like 1930's  Mississippi in reverse to me.

Agree with this, the “I think he did it” line is almost as abusive and offensive as the alleged comment.

Well FF has lost his appeal and must serve a 6 match ban.

This will open the door to any player who wants to be vindictive towards another player and play the racist card, as it seems they have only to take the word of one player against another. Makes you wonder how they decide, is it they are scared of being seen to be racist if they don't back the player making the accusation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49592857

Edited by iansheff

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Well FF has lost his appeal and must serve a 6 match ban.

This will open the door to any player who wants to be vindictive towards another player and play the racist card, as it seems they have only take the word of one player against another. Makes you wonder how they decide, is it they are scared of being seen to racist if they don't back the player making the accusation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49592857

Your last sentence sums it up perfectly.