Digital Passport Photos, Can You Use Flash, Etc?

just had my camera phone images rejected, i do have a nikon but no charger, neighbour has offered to retake them with his state of the art Nikon, but it is very dark today can you use flash, or are house lights ok?

Edited by gamezone07

Go to post office they sort forms in sort photos the lot . Cost about a tenner they come faster and 

guaranteed not worth hassle

1 hour ago, gamezone07 said:

just had my camera phone images rejected, i do have a nikon but no charger, neighbour has offered to retake them with his state of the art Nikon, but it is very dark today can you use flash, or are house lights ok?

Sure you can’t use a flash.  Why not use a photo booth ,I’ve never had any picture rejected using photo booth. 

1: Remove Your Glassess (If they can't see your Eyes - Rejected)

2: Face front (Not at an Angle or 3/4 Face - Rejected)

3:  Choose a Contrasting Background. 

4:  Choose the right Sized Photo, with good Contrast.

Crown Post Offices will advise you!

Its all on line these days, just do it yourself with a slightly better photo. I thought they may reject mine as there was a bit of shadow on the wall at the side of me and the photo wasn't particularly bright. If the light is bright  I screw my face up.  

My previous passport was accepted with me wearing glasses, I can't see properly without them on and tend to squint. I have contact lenses now so had my photo done on my new one without glasses on.

I had been using my previous electronic passport  (where I'm wearing glasses) while wearing my glasses in the electronic passport readers you look at so they can cope with them.