Wiggys/Hoover Salesmen

Anyone remember Wiggys and any Hoover salesmen,late 50s early 60s   K Wright,T.Wright,R James,R Beard.

Edited by nikki-red

I  remember mam pulling me under the kitchen table when the collecter guy called one Saturday morning saying "quick get under here ,I cant be doing with him just now" looking back I realise we probably didnt have the money to pay him that week lol.

22 hours ago, bazza63 said:

Anyone remember Wiggys and any Hoover salesmen,late 50s early 60s   K Wright,T.Wright,R James,R Beard.

An uncle, Graham Norton, worked for Hoover, they used to have a daily ritual of singing the Hoover sales pitch:

All the dirt, all the s**t Hoover gets at every bit for it beats as it sweeps as it cleans!

1 hour ago, DUFFEMS said:

An uncle, Graham Norton, worked for Hoover, they used to have a daily ritual of singing the Hoover sales pitch:

All the dirt, all the s**t Hoover gets at every bit for it beats as it sweeps as it cleans!

Hmmm... :huh:

... I never knew Graham Norton used to be a vacuum cleaner salesman. :confused:

His past experience of such beautiful lyrics is obviously the reason why he was chosen to present the Eurovision Song Contest... ;)

43 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I never knew Graham Norton used to be a vacuum cleaner salesman. :confused:

His past experience of such beautiful lyrics is obviously the reason why he was chosen to present the Eurovision Song Contest... ;)

🤣  🤣  🤣

Think that would be Ray James, Ray Beard and I think Ken Wright.

Thats correct  all about 1950s 60s all were connected with Wiggys on Middlewood Rd. Also Gordon  Butterly,KenWilliams, Stan  Jukes manager at Wiggys.