Sign in to follow this  

Old Sheffield Chemists And Druggists

For anyone interested in old Sheffield chemists, because their rellies might have been chemists in Sheffield, there is now on line a downloadable copy (in various formats to choose from) the Register of Chemists and Druggists.  If you Google Register of Chemists and  Druggists it should come up on the search results.  It is an American university site hosting various 'out of copyright' documents and books.  I downloaded the 1885 edition plus the 1919 edition. They didn't have earlier versions on that site. Be warned:The search facility (ie searching the document or book for a name, place or term) within the site doesn't always work I found, so download the documents or books and do a name/term search yourself.

If anyone knows where I can get hold of any earlier editions of the register after 1868 when the first one was drawn up I'd be grateful to learn.