Don't Forget To Track Your Parcels With Royal Mail .

Back in April I sent a sound card back that I could not get to work with Zorin 15 as the onboard one did not work at all. I know it can take time to process returns, but I have been dilatory in using the tracking ticket. I returned the parcel and advised that I should use First and Signed for. At no point was I informed that there was an 80 day limit to claim for lost items and even if I had claimed within the 80 days I would not have got a full refund only £50 (the card was invoiced at £68). So don't learn the hard way. Though in future I might look at sending returns via DPD or other courier. Never had an issue with Royal Mail until now.

40 minutes ago, swarfendor437 said:

Never had an issue with Royal Mail until now.

So what issues have you had with Royal Mail.

You didn’t say.

9 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

Back in April I sent a sound card back that I could not get to work with Zorin 15 as the onboard one did not work at all. I know it can take time to process returns, but I have been dilatory in using the tracking ticket. I returned the parcel and advised that I should use First and Signed for. At no point was I informed that there was an 80 day limit to claim for lost items and even if I had claimed within the 80 days I would not have got a full refund only £50 (the card was invoiced at £68). So don't learn the hard way. Though in future I might look at sending returns via DPD or other courier. Never had an issue with Royal Mail until now.

If I send anything I want to get there quickly and no chance of getting lost I use next day special. There is the standard before 1pm or urgent before 9am next day. You can send letters or parcels like this. The largest thing I have sent is a medium parcel. I use this service for documents, keys or time critical parcels.

16 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So what issues have you had with Royal Mail.

You didn’t say.

They used signed for which I believe is what used to be called recorded delivery. This just means someone signs for it, it is left unattended and can get lost or stolen. The op never checked and it seems it didn't get signed for. They failed to claim it never arrived in the 80 day claim period. 

Is this actually a discussion? Or just a I've been a bit of a numpty but want to blame someone else post?

2 hours ago, Chez2 said:

They failed to claim it never arrived in the 80 day claim period. 

That’s not really an issue with Royal Mail though, is it?

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That’s not really an issue with Royal Mail though, is it?

Not the claiming part. Its not difficult to process and deliver a parcel is it? I have heard tales from ex employees that parcels fall off the processing and are left in piles. as are the bottom of backlogs instead of processing in receipt order. Its not as though they are new to this line of work is it?

On 28/07/2019 at 23:16, swarfendor437 said:

Check what insurance dpd offer as standard - it’s probably not as high as you think.