Intel Bios Issue

Hi Ghozer, I’ll give those a try when I get home later, when it boots, I get a Viglen splash screen, not sure if that’s relevant, 

Regards

Viglen are used in business and education.

Only a guess but it was quite common to disable USB ports in the above places. If you pulled the CMOS battery, it should have wiped those settings though.

I’ll pull the cmos battery again and leave a decent while, 

After trying everything, still nothing, looking at the issue and doing a bit of web digging, it looks like USB legacy support has been disabled, which to me is like locking the keys in the safe...., so I can't find a workaround, so the PC is scrap really.

Regards

There will be a way of getting it going... don't scrap it, i'll have it if you're not that fussed about it :P

9 hours ago, acman said:

After trying everything, still nothing, looking at the issue and doing a bit of web digging, it looks like USB legacy support has been disabled, which to me is like locking the keys in the safe...., so I can't find a workaround, so the PC is scrap really.

Regards

Agreed, it was a bad idea for builders to do this from the factory. I agree with Ghozer that there will be a way round it. I keep one of these handy to access USB ports directly on the board. It only works the same as the front USB header, I just find them better for digging down to a single port and eliminating case USB problems. The link is just for the picture, eBay/Amazon should have them for a couple of quid.

Hi Ghozer, I’ve left the CMOS battery out all night, I’ll try later on when I get home from work,  I’ve already tried this though, odd thing is when it reboots after the battery is removed , it knows the battery has failed, if I then try to reboot it doesn’t report this, if I can’t get this going, you can have it mate.

Regards

Cheers Zach, it maybe the keyboard that’s the issue, it’s basic one from currys and only a few months old and works ok when the pc was working,  if anyone wants to have a tinker I can bring it to them for a look, It’s going to be something daft,  don’t mind paying a bit, but  it’s only used for printing, scanning etc so if it has to be replaced it will be another basic one, 

Regards

No problem mate. I know what a pain in the backside problems like that can be. I have a few brand new HP basic USB keyboards. If you want to try one, you're welcome to pop round with the PC or try one for a couple of days and drop it off when you're done.

Cheers Zach, worth  try, I’ll send a PM