Intel Bios Issue

Main PC has had an issue with WIN 10, so decided a fresh install, problem is the keyboard wont accept any commands when in bios mode, the mobo has jumper pins that will get me into the bios in positions 1 &2 but the keyboard (usb), wont allow any commands, if I put the jumpers into position 2 & 3 I cant access the bios at all, pressing F2 as per instructions, does nothing and it will go to boot from CD mode but again no keyboard command is accepted. The Mobo is an Intel E210882, I've tried the usual, reomving the CMOS battery, booting with no drives attached, booting with just the keyboard attached, just about every configuration, I'm wondering if it's the keyboard but that's bought recently and was working normally,  Any ideas, Regards

Some times you have to plug the keyboard into the 1st USB port (usually the top-most pair, left socket) - haven't known it for a while though..

also, if the keyboard has any additional functionality (such as media keys, macro keys etc) it may cause issues with (some) BIOS' - use a standard £7 USB keyboard and it'll usually not have a problem.

Cheers Ghozer, Have tried various USB ports, Back, front, top , bottom,, the keyboard is a basic affair, Regards

Well, looking at your board - my guess is it will only work with a PS/2 Keyboard to access the BIOS (relatively early days of USB) - a USB > PS/2 adaptor would work though if you have one :)

something like this... 

https://bit.ly/2K87mi9

Id thought of that but the board doesn't have PS2 inputs, just USB, that's the puzzler,

Hi, what about trying Ps/2 to USB adapter (which unfortunately I don't have!). I had similar issue reinstalling Windows 7 64-bit recently or rather recovering it as I had to use ps2 keyboard on this MOBO which is only 3 years old in terms of production (I bought it new end of last year  (ASUS X470-PRO) and it's a Ryzen Processor!

Hi Swf, I thought of that as a possibility, but I dont have a ps2 keyboard, do have an adapter though, if I can find one might be worth a go, 

Regards, 

Saw that,  If I put the jumper on the mobo into config mode, the bios appears, but the keyboard is inactive, putting the jumper back into normal mode, entering bios by F2, nothing, it just goes straight into trying to boot from whatever device, if there is a bootable dvd in the drive, I get the option of press any key to continue, but the keyboard is inactive,

Regards, 

https://www.manualslib.com/products/Intel-E210882-6021934.html

I noticed the manual above that may throw a bit of light on things. Also to repeat what's said above... A simple keyboard is always the best option. Some older boards I worked on wouldn't see a USB to PS2 keyboard, it had to be native PS2 for it to work. I've not seen one of those keyboards fr a while though.

As stated, it’s a simple new keyboard, usb type,  there’s no ps2 inputs, all usb, on the mobo, looks like it will have to be scrapped tbh,

Regards

Did it come out of a Gateway? it could be  they  use a different BIOS key...

For accessing the BIOS, I have known...

Del
F2
F6
F10
F12

and even Escape (on RARE occasions)

try all of these? - otherwise, don't scrap it if it's otherwise working, you can often cause a CMOS error or corruption, that will allow you to get to the BIOS that way, pull the battery, leave for 15 minutes and try it :)