Golden Plover Pub

Does anyone remember me? Name is Richard Booth and lived at the Golden Plover between 1965 and 1969, my mum and dad (Thelma and Stuart Booth) ran it before packing it in and moving down to Beighton! Went to Carter Lodge School from 1965 to 1970 and hung around with Chris and Mark Sherwood and Nigel West amongst others

Hi my mam and dad used to go in the golden plover in the early 60s have a photo of mam at Easter bonnet parade and a crowd around her don’t know any of em but someone might recognise somebody .. will find it out ..if your interested 

On 28/07/2019 at 18:16, Boothie Boy said:

Does anyone remember me? Name is Richard Booth and lived at the Golden Plover between 1965 and 1969, my mum and dad (Thelma and Stuart Booth) ran it before packing it in and moving down to Beighton! Went to Carter Lodge School from 1965 to 1970 and hung around with Chris and Mark Sherwood and Nigel West amongst others

hi there, I cant say that I remember you but-- I do remember the plover opening, I was one of the first in there. lovely beer. I worked at the butchers at garlick and russell which was next door to the plover. aaagh  happy days!!

I remember the butchers also the sweet shop ..I was born at home on spring water avenue  and went to St. John fishers 

Buddysbuddy I remember Garlicks and the beer was good in the Plover. When my parents took it over it was  Bass Charrington house and sold Mansfield Bitter.  Jaxy15 I was taken on visit to St John Fisher, but can't for the life of me remember why!

Jaxy15 if you can post the photo I might be able to recognise some people. 

Spoiler
  • Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

Hi Boothie boy tried to put it on and I don’t know how to do it ..give your e mail and I will send it you ..jax

My sister used to hang around with someone called boothie I think he lived down from  freitville can’t spell  ... we had moved on to scowerden farm then ..he also hung around with Ian Jones and went on holiday with his family  jax

Another name I thought of was jubby 

I can tell you the names of some of the customers at the time my dad ran the Plover, some of them might be familiar to you. Bill Burdett (senior and junior), Tony Robinson (the bookie), Harry and Pat Mitchell, Fred Tricklebank, Arthur Brookes, Roy Capps, Bob and Alma Sherwood, Jack and Muriel Hawley, also one of the barstaff was Flo Simmons. If I think of any more I'll list them.

Boothie boy how do you put a picture on this site x

Jaxy15 I clicked on your user name and sent you my email address via the Forum's site. Not sure if you can upload pictures directly to the site itself, just URL links to where your picture is saved. By the way did you recognise any of the names on my previous post? 😎