Front Room Restaurant Hillsborough

53 minutes ago, St Petre said:

There were Indian restaurants (and chefs)  in Sheffield years before the EEC, Italian, Spanish , Yemeni and Chinese too.

However, if they feel they will be more welcome elsewhere then they wont come here,

On 26/07/2019 at 19:13, biotechpete said:

A while back they said they were having trouble attracting chefs to keep the place running. Apparently Brexit Britain was not a place they wanted to come to and were preferring Germany instead.

Proof of that statement, or is it a figment of your imagination.

Angel1

4 hours ago, andyofborg said:

However, if they feel they will be more welcome elsewhere then they wont come here,

Don't bank on it.

Front Room, recently rebranded to FR was brilliant. I kept trying new things on the menu and was never disappointed. I thought something was not quite right in the last couple of months and was very distressed to see it boarded up. That location allowed them to attract a decent amount of sit down diners but they needed to offer quality food and service which they did. It was walk to for me - very disappointing.

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Proof of that statement, or is it a figment of your imagination.

Angel1

More likely there are financial restrictions on people coming here. If you must earn over £30k (or whatever the limit is) to be allowed a visa then there aren't many Indian restaurants that could afford a kitchen staff all earning that whack.

Went past the above restaurant today and it is all boarded up. Does anyone know what has happened and why it has (presumably) closed down? Seems odd when it had only just been refurbished and gutted as it was our favourite restaurant!

Posts have been removed. We do not allow naming and shaming and unsubstantiated allegations so please do not repost.

Also, it was only by chance I saw this thread. We cant possibly be expected to actively monitor every single one. 
Maybe if you see a post that you are unhappy with or you believe breaches our rules it would be more helpful to report it to us rather than complaining about moderation on the thread?

Back on topic now please.

Edited by nikki-red