Creepy/Paranormal Experiences

On 27/07/2019 at 01:51, I1L2T3 said:

schoolmate’s dad had an old pub built in 18th century. The cellar and attic rooms were very creepy and oppressive, and legend had it both haunted. My mate locked me in the cellar once and turned off the light. Even with the light on it felt like you were being watched by something. One of the worst experiences of my life. Horrendous.

Talking of cellars, I've lived in my current house for almost 20 years and in that time I have been the pet human to three dogs. They would not leave my side for any reason, save for me going down the 10-or-so cellar steps.

They didn't appear agitated in any way, but follow me down the steps? No chance.

The bravest of the three would lie at the top, with his head and front feet  just in view from downstairs, but no tempting would ever get him down.

A couple come to mind. 1) while working on nights I went to the to the clock tower restaurant at the NGH and heard crashing noises other staff came running out and said pots and pans had started flying of the trolley’s I looked inside and the said objects were all over the place. 2) while delivering food  trolley’s I backed out of lift only to see what I thought was smoke when I got to the area no signs of smoke but it was freezing it was the middle of summer.

Edited by hobinfoot

Back in the early 2000's I was a delivery driver. I covered mostly the north east and west.

Manchester was part of my destinations.

One time, on the way back from Manchester...on the snake pass, i was travelling behind a Yellow saab for quite some time.

About 3/4 of the way back, towards Sheffield.. the Saab just vanished after a corner.!

There are NO turn offs or roads that it could have taken.! 

I could see the road ahead for quit a distance. That car had Gone.!

I actually stopped and got out of my van to look over the edge to see if the car had gone over somewhere.

Absolutely nothing.!

To this day, I still have no idea where that Saab went. !

Edited by FinBak

On 29/07/2019 at 14:45, RiffRaff said:

Talking of cellars, I've lived in my current house for almost 20 years and in that time I have been the pet human to three dogs. They would not leave my side for any reason, save for me going down the 10-or-so cellar steps.

They didn't appear agitated in any way, but follow me down the steps? No chance.

The bravest of the three would lie at the top, with his head and front feet  just in view from downstairs, but no tempting would ever get him down.

i wonder if animals were slaughtered down the cellar, i think that is what they used to do in the olden days

If you mean 'butchered', maybe. If you actually mean 'slaughtered', probably not!

40 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

If you mean 'butchered', maybe. If you actually mean 'slaughtered', probably not!

i did actually mean both, i believe old houses used to have old slabs to cut the meat up on, and i thought they slaughtered them down there as well

On 02/08/2019 at 20:34, banjodeano said:

i did actually mean both, i believe old houses used to have old slabs to cut the meat up on, and i thought they slaughtered them down there as well

Cellars often have raised stone slabs in the basement, which were 'cold slabs', to keep things cool before refrigeration. They could also have been used for cutting up meat. 

It is very unlikely that animals would ever have been slaughtered on these. I don't see the logic in trying to get a live animal down into the cellar to kill it when it would be a lot easier to kill it elsewhere. Also, I don't believe it was common to purchase live animals to eat - the only people that would have been killing the animals would have been the people raising them. 

5 hours ago, Robin-H said:

Cellars often have raised stone slabs in the basement, which were 'cold slabs', to keep things cool before refrigeration. They could also have been used for cutting up meat.

Yup...mine has one. It's a right ol' slab.

Ironically, it supports an "under counter" size fridge!