11 hours ago, geared said:

Depends how much longer the Torys are in cutting budgets I suppose.

Need rid of Corbyn really, Labour won't get into power with that clown in charge.

Put someone decent in the top seat, sweep the Torys aside at an election and sort out the funding crisis, that will mean tax rises though but it's gotta be done.

GROAN......And here we go again, a thread about the NHS and Corbyn gets the blame, sorry buddy, but this is nothing to do with Corbyn, this is firmly at the door of the Tories, they have run it into the ground, I suppose he is at fault for the police force being cut by 20.000??

Please keep it on topic...

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

Why would it?    Healthcare costs money.

Doctors dont work for free and supplies and equipment isn't paid for by fairy dust.

I have explained above that NI contributions (from those who pay them) are never enough.   I have explained above how the NHS organisation has been bloated into the bottomless money pit it is today - something well beyond what can reasonably deemed essential healthcare provsions.

Its overused.  Its oversubscribed.  Its totally taken for granted.   Its wholly underfunded by the very people who leach funds out of it.

With exception of those with permanent life dibilitating disabilities - what exactly is wrong with stripping "the NHS" service down to absolute essentials and having some kind of insurance provision or at the very least some market rate contribution to cover everything else.     People should take responsiblity for themselves more. 

Sadly they don't, that's why we've got the NHS.

3 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Sadly they don't, that's why we've got the NHS.

I think politicians, and their henchmen in the media need to start being honest. The NHS costs alot of money and you need to pay more taxes for it.

7 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Corbyn in his reply to Boris's statement in Parliament this dinner time asked the question you are implying and challenged the PM to  tell us if the NHS will be safe re  Trumps "all things are on the table" when discussing trade deals. To Conservative whoops of joy the PM stated that the NHS is NOT, repeat NOT up for sale in any trade deals. So worry not and cancel your private insurance, it's safe in the hands of the Tory's. Unless the PM is telling lies in his first address to Parliament.

Angel1.

He's got a fine track record of lying but cap doffing forlock tuggers seem to love it.

9 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I think politicians, and their henchmen in the media need to start being honest. The NHS costs alot of money and you need to pay more taxes for it.

Which is why it's looking so lucrative to a few people.

too many chiefs and not enough indians in the nhs 

On 25/07/2019 at 18:17, tinfoilhat said:

I'm Boris wouldnt lie. Except when he does, which is most of time if it suits him. If you buy that the NHS is off the table on a US trade deal (given they've already forced out our US ambassador and threatened to stop any trade deal unless we drop Huawei) you are easily led.

I think our ambassador forced himself out, truth be told. As a so called intelligent man, denigrating the President of the USA as he did where it could be intercepted by anyone was the action of a complete fool. Shot himself in the foot in my humble opinion.

Angel1

48 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I think our ambassador forced himself out, truth be told. As a so called intelligent man, denigrating the President of the USA as he did where it could be intercepted by anyone was the action of a complete fool. Shot himself in the foot in my humble opinion.

Angel1

Diplomatic messages shouldn't be able to be intercepted by anyone, that's the point. He didn't put it on Twitter. What do you think foreign diplomats are saying about us?