Now Broadband?

does  anyone in sheffield  have now broadband, as i am thinking of signing up with them

reviews are varied, so just wondered what experience sheffielders have with this company.

I have had Now Broadband for  almost 3 years. i have the full package broadband, phone and TV all for 36.87 per month. Due to house move I've used it in 2 different districts of Sheffield with absolutely no problems at all. In all this time my broadband has not dropped once.  Best service I've ever had 

Dollypeg what speed do you get please ?

Edited by *Wallace*

I moved to Now not long ago, and have had a couple of problems with their router.

First of all, it appeared to interfere with my TV signal; I had to mess about with the frequency on the router's settings. It seems to have settled down now, but it was a nuisance for a while. This was never an issue with my four previous routers/suppliers.

Secondly, I have an Xbox 360 plugged directly into the router, but the connection is unreliable. Sometimes I switch the console on, and the online content appears as it should; but it often fails to connect, and I have to unplug and then plug the cable in again to get the orange 'connection light' (and the content) to appear. Again, this was never a problem with my old routers.

• Just done a quick speed test    12.2 Mbps download 8.75Mbps upload.     At this precise moment running 1 desktop pc plus a quite powerful gaming pc and a PS4. quite a busy house but we have no problem running as may a 6 devices at the same time.
Edited by nikki-red

To be fair, most of the providers (with the exception of Virgin) use the same equipment; i.e. the phone line to your house.

So any issues that aren't related to crappy routers usually have to be shunted to BT as they own the lines.

On 23/07/2019 at 16:00, PandaJuggler said:

I moved to Now not long ago, and have had a couple of problems with their router.

First of all, it appeared to interfere with my TV signal; I had to mess about with the frequency on the router's settings. It seems to have settled down now, but it was a nuisance for a while. This was never an issue with my four previous routers/suppliers.

Secondly, I have an Xbox 360 plugged directly into the router, but the connection is unreliable. Sometimes I switch the console on, and the online content appears as it should; but it often fails to connect, and I have to unplug and then plug the cable in again to get the orange 'connection light' (and the content) to appear. Again, this was never a problem with my old routers.

This NowTV forum thread might be of interest to you:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/is-there-any-way-to-replace-the-standard-router/td-p/421971

On 23/07/2019 at 20:58, dollypeg said:
  • Just done a quick speed test    12.2 Mbps download 8.75Mbps upload.     At this precise moment running 1 desktop pc plus a quite powerful gaming pc and a PS4. quite a busy house but we have no problem running as may a 6 devices at the same time.

Did you speedtest with everything turned off apart from the testing device?
12down seems a tad grim with 9up.