Posted (edited)

Hey there.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting really high car insurance quotes this month.

Fair enugh I only passed my test in April but when I first insured my car in November last year and my 2L mondeo last month it was like 800 quid or so.. Now every quote is nearly 3 grand even for our lass who has been driving 4 years.

Has anyone else experienced this, will it go back down?...

Wondering if July is just expensive or if something as happened that has jacked up the prices that I have missed. We're both nearing / in our 30s as well

Edited by Vanadeo

I've never noticed an increase at certain times of the year.

If you're using the comparison sites it might be worth double checking all the details again. Also, the make/model of the car and your age and no claims etc, can make a big difference. I thought they worked the price out on the highest risk person on the policy (not 100% sure) 

Another thing I noticed with the comparison sites is to NOT use previous details. Try one with exact make/model of the car (No reg) and your details...see what comes back.

When you first insured your car, you needed a fully qualified driver sat alongside you. Since passing your test, you don't. Hence a potential lack of experience in the car, and thus you get an increased premium.

Even putting it in another name will not reduce the premium much, if you are a named driver.

Adding other named drivers (with years of experience) to the policy may reduce the premiums.

Posted (edited)

I understand what you're saying and appreciate your response.. But even after I passed my test the preiums were acceptable when i was quoted with fulll licence. Just seems that this month the prices are mental.

And cheers Zach I'll have another look into it later on!.

Edited by Vanadeo