Smoke Free Bramall Lane

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2019/july/smoke-free/

This'll be interesting to see it enforced?  Sitting on the Kop, you look around & certain supporters look as though their heads are on fire they create that much 'smoke' from their vapers. 

And a walk along the concourse at the back of the Kop often smells like a 60's hash den. 

OMG the only thing that kept me awake at cricket matches there was my fags. :lol:

It's just a reminder isn't it ? I thought grounds had been smoke free for years ?

My mate  smokes like a chimney back ofthe kop. Who's going to enforce it ?

I reckon the club will be desperate to quickly make an example of someone as to bring others in line, would anyone risk having a season ticket revoked or a stadium ban for the sake of a smoke???

9 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

My mate  smokes like a chimney back ofthe kop. Who's going to enforce it ?

He will be surrounded by thousands of potential snitches especially ex smokers who tend to be the most vigilant, Lol

i cant guarantee that people won't stop smoking down the side of the south stand at half time. During the game there are hardly any vapers using but at half time its totally different.

Noticed that while queing on Shoreham St. today to get on to the Kop, gate security staff were warning everyone about the Lane being a no smoking zone & anyone caught would get a 10 week ban. 

Funny then I heard two different tales in the pub after the match about the ruling not being enforced with apparently one steward telling a smoker, (who'd argued that as he was at the back of the Kop & therefore out in the open air), he wasn't that bothered & it wasn't worth the hassle for the money he gets on a match day. 

I saw a steward at the Kop end telling a smoker "I can only ask you to stop mate"

Which is fair enough really considering the size of the crowd there, you can't expect 1 or 2 guys to wade in and start pushing people around, that certainly won't end well.

As expected it was business as usual on the south stand, i think united are just paying lip service to it due to the PL 'rules'