Sheffield Bus Network Changes - September 2019

On 07/10/2019 at 11:40, Resident said:

And who is going to buy these mythical 'appropriate' buses? 

As stated previously even the smallest buses in use by companies (Optare Solo) struggled on Whitehouse Rd. 

Previous smaller busses didn’t use Whitehouse ROad they used the much wider Whitehouse Lane- First have decided this new route so they can miss much of Lower Walkley. I wouldn’t hold your breath re making the road bus only- the exact same problem has existed on Carr Road for years with smaller busses getting stuck regularly. 

Suprised there hasn't been more uproar about the bus changes .

The Nether Edge bus  service has been reduced from 6 buses per hour to 4 during the day and only 1 per hour after 8. The service has been a shambles with 1 in 2 buses not turning up .

People in Nether Edge / Brincliffe are in uproar over the state of the new 56 service with so many buses not appearing on an already reduced service. 

I do hope the SYPTE sort it out soon .

9 hours ago, Velo77 said:

The Nether Edge bus  service has been reduced from 6 buses per hour to 4 during the day and only 1 per hour after 8. The service has been a shambles with 1 in 2 buses not turning up .

People in Nether Edge / Brincliffe are in uproar over the state of the new 56 service with so many buses not appearing on an already reduced service. 

I do hope the SYPTE sort it out soon

now that is what I call optimism

10 hours ago, Velo77 said:

It's a commercially run service so doesn't involve SYPTE. complain to First initially, otherwise it is up to the government traffic commissioner to take action if First are not running the service as registered. There is of course allowances for delays caused by circumstances outside the operators control such as road traffic congestion,  which the council need to address.

Just to add - my elderly neighbour told me this morning that the reduction of buses in our area or rather when they don't turn up and it means waiting a considerable amount of time for the next one, means it puts her off going out as much. Why should people be stranded in their own homes? I suppose that's going to be classed as her expecting a taxi service is it? Disgusting.