Residents Parking During Tramlines

5 hours ago, Jen17 said:

There seems to be much less negativity than last year from some residents. 

And a lot less moaning on this forum too, compared to last year. 🙂

21 hours ago, Ms Macbeth said:

I live on a controlled road.  Its very different to last year, mainly I believe because people are saying they are coming to visit someone in the street and just giving the address.   Some have been parking early too, before the marshalls were there.   The checks were more stringent last year.  We've not taken our car out today because we didn't think we'd get back in.

It was good  to be able to get on a tram again today, and there was a great atmosphere round Hillsborough.  The two policemen on the bridge were relaxed and smiling.  (Yes, only two!). Quite a different buzz to match days.

Good to get on a tram,!the ones I tried on Saturday afternoon were full with people being turned away I didn't even try with the Sunday service when I saw the press release that it was a normal Sunday service. Having seen what it was like on Saturday I was surprised that stagecoach did not offer a more frequent service but what do they care if the trams are full and customers Have to wait for the next one.

http://www.sypte.co.uk/printPressRelease.aspx?id=6224&SelectedImage=1

1 hour ago, amnicoll said:

Good to get on a tram,!the ones I tried on Saturday afternoon were full with people being turned away I didn't even try with the Sunday service when I saw the press release that it was a normal Sunday service. Having seen what it was like on Saturday I was surprised that stagecoach did not offer a more frequent service but what do they care if the trams are full and customers Have to wait for the next one.

I went into town early and the tram was half full.  By afternoon they were getting really busy, so I got on a bus, 52a. That was pretty empty, unlike recently when they've been rammed.  I can imagine its been difficult for people with mobility issues, as an oldie I don't like the stairs, but have had little choice recently as the downstairs fills up quickly.  One of the reasons I like the tram!

the problem times would be heading home from town during the day rather than into town - as you say they had normalish loading s, and then trying to get into to town later in the day

Interesting to see that SYPTE's press release (pasted in above - link repeated below) clearly stated that the Supertram  network would be running a full service on Friday 19th, Sat 20th & Sun 21st.

This press release is dated 12th July, yet on the very same day Supertram posted information advising of a planned suspension of the Purple Route between Station & Herdings on each of these three evenings - so how on earth can this possibly be described as "a full service" as per SYPTE's press release?

To add insult to injury for users of the Purple Route, Supertram then suspended this service earlier than the times at which they'd announced that it would be suspended.

Despite all of this, Supertram also published information on their Twitter feed  on 19th July stating that a full tram service would be provided on July 19th, 20th & 21st!

Edited by GleadlessLad

Far too busy patting themselves on the back for running trams to Hillsborough to worry about the facts or the customer