Residents Parking During Tramlines

Did any residents find it difficult to park yesterday in the blocked off roads where they live ? Took me over 30 mins to find a space ..similar to when the footballs on . The system they used during Tramlines last year  seemed to be much better . I spoke to one of the Marshall’s and she said she thought they were not all residents getting through.

If it helps I can tell you that they aren't actually checking documents.  I drove up Dixon Road on Friday when it was closed because it's the quickest way home.  I DID have something with my address on it in the car, but the marshall didn't even approach to take a look, I lifted up a piece of A4 with writing on it, and so she waved me through from a distance.

Edited by Cyclone

I witnessed this myself yesterday and I have reported it on the Tramlines helpline at 0900 today. The number is 0114 483 0873 and should be operational from now until 2300. I only got to leave a message.

seems like a mistake,but if they cant be rectified as scc is closed that problem needs to be addressed,problem is most festivals are 1 day a year,but when its 3 days i think there scc could have a hotline as they are making huge profits it seems,

I’m guessing it will be even busier today so not going to take car out . Thanks for your reply’s everyone seems we have to just suck it up . If it’s here next year then it needs to be addressed  though .

38 minutes ago, bassett one said:

seems like a mistake,but if they cant be rectified as scc is closed that problem needs to be addressed,problem is most festivals are 1 day a year,but when its 3 days i think there scc could have a hotline as they are making huge profits it seems,

Are SCC making huge profits from tramlines? They aren't the organisers.

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

as they are making huge profits it seems,

SCC is not making huge profits, it is taking a fee for use of the site but out of that comes the additional expenditure that the council incurs with the licensing of such an event.

I think they need to extend  the resident's zone further.  It's worse than match day on my street, and I don't know when I'm going to be able to move the car back, which I will need to do before 8 a.m. as I've had to park on school entrance marking...

Wish I hadn't taken the car now!

7 minutes ago, Becky B said:

I don't know when I'm going to be able to move the car back, which I will need to do before 8 a.m.

The road closure scheme ends at midnight tonight.

22 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The road closure scheme ends at midnight tonight.

My road isn't closed. I don't need to go near the closed roads.  I need to move the car as the restrictions where I've parked start at 8.a.m. (it was the only space I could find within a quarter mile radius [ish]).  Being able to move depends on when the arseholes who are at the festival and have parked their cars here decide to move.

I'm just having a whinge!

I live on a controlled road.  Its very different to last year, mainly I believe because people are saying they are coming to visit someone in the street and just giving the address.   Some have been parking early too, before the marshalls were there.   The checks were more stringent last year.  We've not taken our car out today because we didn't think we'd get back in.

It was good  to be able to get on a tram again today, and there was a great atmosphere round Hillsborough.  The two policemen on the bridge were relaxed and smiling.  (Yes, only two!). Quite a different buzz to match days.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

1 hour ago, Ms Macbeth said:

I live on a controlled road.  Its very different to last year, mainly I believe because people are saying they are coming to visit someone in the street and just giving the address.   Some have been parking early too, before the marshalls were there.   The checks were more stringent last year.  We've not taken our car out today because we didn't think we'd get back in.

It was good  to be able to get on a tram again today, and there was a great atmosphere round Hillsborough.  The two policemen on the bridge were relaxed and smiling.  (Yes, only two!). Quite a different buzz to match days.

I'm a resident and I agree that the parking hasn't been as stringent as last year and has been worse generally than match days but personally have not had any problems. The atmosphere has been brilliant - so much fun and family friendly. There seems to be much less negativity than last year from some residents.