Ken Patten Studio Electrophonique, Ballifield

Documentary filmmakers looking for anyone with memories of Ken and his home recording studio in Ballifield in the 70s and 80s.

The Electric Armpits recorded a couple of sessions at Ken Patten’s. Four of the songs were played on Radio Hallam.

Memories of Studio Electrophonique and some of Ken’s stories are contained in the very entertaining ‘The Armpits Are Electric’ The Story of an 80’s School Band by Ian Turner. 

Praised by Frank Sidebottom but no-one else, one of the songs from Ken’s later had a video made for it by the singer’s son: -

Merry Christmas - The Electric Armpits

https://youtu.be/Vl2lKKkSHkI

The book is available here: -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Armpits-Are-Electric-Story-Schollband/dp/1901587983 

I was a member of the band, not Ian Turner I hasten to add, and am available for further comment. 

Documentary filmmakers trying to track down Michele Patten for a piece about her dad's home recording studio.

Ken Patten was my Great Uncle, I'd be more than happy to give you any info I have

Great news. Do you have any photos or info about the studio? If so, we would love to meet for a chat. Contact me on jamieptaylor14@gmail.com 

Cheers

I knew the bass player in the Electric Armpits and remember a lot of interesting stories from that time. Ken was a great guy and the Armpits really enjoyed their time there. The bass player was really good I remember. I think he was called Simon Woolley. Needless to say, I am not him, but would be available for comment. 

1 hour ago, wahoolie said:

I knew the bass player in the Electric Armpits and remember a lot of interesting stories from that time. Ken was a great guy and the Armpits really enjoyed their time there. The bass player was really good I remember. I think he was called Simon Woolley. Needless to say, I am not him, but would be available for comment. 

I'm ever so sorry to tell you Simon moved to Canada in the late 90's and was lost in a fire at a maple syrup factory. Ken always reckoned Simon knew his way around at least 2 stings on that bass, more than some other more famous local bass players by all accounts.

... and here's a mix comprising tracks which were recorded/engineered/produced at Studio Electrophonique late 1970s - mid 1980s

On 19/06/2022 at 11:54, e3sa934 said:

... and here's a mix comprising tracks which were recorded/engineered/produced at Studio Electrophonique late 1970s - mid 1980s

Hmm, no link. Try again: https://www.mixcloud.com/DoItThissen/electrophoniquely-yours-a-mix-of-ken-pattenstudio-electrophonique-tracks-late-1970s-mid-1980s/