The Moon Landing. 50 Years On.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, it never got any closer than 140 miles above the lunar surface which is more than double the altitude of the successful missions.

There is a reference in the movie to an altitude of 60 somthing miles I might be remembering that.

It must have been very disappointing to actually see the landing site and still be oh so far from it though!

10 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

If you are a astro-not and land on the moon in a Hollywood studio or some other studio does it count?

Looking at the evidence I'd say you would have to be pretty damn thick to buy their story.

Thats OK we know you are intellectually incapable of distingushing your fantasy from reality so we make allowances for you.

20 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

If you are a astro-not and land on the moon in a Hollywood studio or some other studio does it count?

Looking at the evidence I'd say you would have to be pretty damn thick to buy their story.

The irony of that statement is hilarious! 

35 minutes ago, Obelix said:

There is a reference in the movie to an altitude of 60 somthing miles I might be remembering that.

60 miles was the height that Collins orbited for the Apollo 11 landings.

13 would never have gone that low as it would have added another two hours to the mission even if they completed just one single orbit. As far as disappointment is concerned, I think that I would just be crossing my fingers and hope to get back in one piece. If Lovell, Haines and Swiggert had been offered the Apollo 14 mission, would they have taken it?

Has anyone asked them that question?

2 hours ago, MAC33 said:

No one needs to prove you wrong from this forum. NASA already put you and ideas firmly in the bin with The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter in 2009 which clearly showed the Apollo landing sites and what was left behind. 

25 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

NASA already put you and ideas firmly in the bin with The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter in 2009 which clearly showed the Apollo landing sites and what was left behind. 

Of course, they will say that was all faked in the Nevada desert too.

The real problem that bonkers conspiraloons like MAC33 have, is that many people completely unconnected with NASA, including my mate Helen when she was at University, have actually bounced lasers off the Moon’s surface using mirrors left on the surface by Apollo 11 and subsequent missions.

So if the landings were faked, who left the mirrors on the Moon? 

The bleeding Clangers? 🙄

7 hours ago, MAC33 said:

I take it the "evidence" you look at is produced by the Conspiraloon Department of the  University of Youtube 😎

Watching the rugby recent Moon landing programmes, the figure that struck me was that there were 39,000 workers directly involved in the NASA programme, with tens of thousands more playing a secondary role. 

Conspiricists expect every single one to keep shtum about some hoax? 

8 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Watching the rugby recent Moon landing programmes, the figure that struck me was that there were 39,000 workers directly involved in the NASA programme, with tens of thousands more playing a secondary role. 

exactly, and the myriad of world wide space agencies etc that would be able to see suspicious activity going on via radar and whatnot

On 29/07/2019 at 14:44, Baron99 said:

The contractors and academics hired in numbered 375,000.

NASA received nearly 9% of the whole federal budget at one stage in the late 60s.

On 21/07/2019 at 16:04, Janus said:

What would happen if someone started a thread on the opposite opinion, and   would the mods adhere to the request to delete posts. 

Yes indeed Janus, that's why I remarked on it. I would never dream of starting a thread by asking someone to delete anybody with a different opinion to me.

34 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Yes indeed Janus, that's why I remarked on it. I would never dream of starting a thread by asking someone to delete anybody with a different opinion to me.

Except it has nothing to do with having a different opinion, it’s about posting content irrelevant to the thread topic.

If someone stated a thread about the Blades chances in the Premiership this season and someone kept posting about Wednesday, the mods would warn them to keep on topic and would delete their off topic posts.

This is no different.