The Moon Landing. 50 Years On.

26 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I saw a tiny sliver of Moon rock in the Science Museum when I was a kid. Even though it didn’t look any different to a bit of random stone on the ground it was mind blowing knowing where it had come from.

My Dad said something similar and if my memory serves me right he thought these tiny small pieces looked like coal.

Edited by hauxwell

26 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I saw a tiny sliver of Moon rock in the Science Museum when I was a kid. Even though it didn’t look any different to a bit of random stone on the ground it was mind blowing knowing where it had come from.

Apart from finding out that the Moon was originally part of the Earth, the most important thing we discovered from Moon rocks is that they contain water. This means that it can be split into hydrogen and oxygen which can provide electricity and breathing air which means that unsupported life on the Moon is possible.

They also discovered that if you grind up moon dust very fine then heat it to a very high temperature, it takes on plastic properties that can in theory be used to 3D print stuff on the Moon!

Thats amazing. I never realised cheese was so versatile lol 

The average age of those working at mission control at the time was 26!

Definitely a young person’s game. The astronauts themselves were among the oldest people involved.

At one time Weston Park Museum had some moon rocks on show, which I saw, but think they were on loan.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The average age of those working at mission control at the time was 26!

Definitely a young person’s game. The astronauts themselves were among the oldest people involved.

The person in charge of The Goddard Space Centre and then designed Mission Control in Houston and was in charge of global communications for the Apollo programme was Tecwyn Roberts whom I apprently met at Bangor UCNW (but cannot recall) as his family still lived across the river on Anglesey.

siiigh

ok does anybody fancy debunking the debunker?

On 21/07/2019 at 19:51, pattricia said:

At one time Weston Park Museum had some moon rocks on show, which I saw, but think they were on loan.

My mum took me to see them at western park the queues were huge.

On 21/07/2019 at 19:51, pattricia said:

I’m pretty sure all moon rock is on loan as it all belongs to NASA (ie. the United States Government)

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I’m pretty sure all moon rock is on loan as it all belongs to NASA (ie. the United States Government)

Nonsense, we all know that most of those rocks were from Staithes just up the road from Whitby.Mel should know that .😚

Edited by Ontarian1981

7 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Nonsense, we all know that most of those rocks were from Staithes just up the road from Whitby.Mel should now that .😚

No - they were made just up the road from there by the "dark matter science projects"  down Boulby Potash Mine.

http://www.icl-uk.uk/how-deep-is-boulby-mine/

Hmmmmmmmmm - "dark matter science projects"- that should be good enough to launch a dozen new conspiracy theories 😎

25 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Hmmmmmmmmm - "dark matter science projects"- that should be good enough to launch a dozen new conspiracy theories 😎

Without being rude, I suspect that the concepts of ‘dark matter’ and ‘dark energy’ are way beyond the comprehension of most conspiraloons!

21 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Without being rude, I suspect that the concepts of ‘dark matter’ and ‘dark energy’ are way beyond the comprehension of most conspiraloons!

Therefore so easy for them to misunderstand and start conspiracy theories - I mean "dark matter science" it's got to be a scheme by the Illuminati / NWO / Joos to enslave the population or something equally sinister.