The Moon Landing. 50 Years On.

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

This privately owned forum is full of crank theories on numerous topics from the members.  Regarding the moon landings it is understandable there are people who doubt they happened because it has been so long since the last moon landing happened.

There still cool with me if I can play R.E.M. tunes.

40 minutes ago, mad-dad said:

It was filmed at Cleethorpes …….. with the tide out.

Hmmm... :huh:

Now you're just being silly...

... if the tide was out how come they landed in the Sea of Tranquility? :confused:

14 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

What's really depressing is that 50 years on we've got a halfwit racist in the Whitehouse and we are going to have a Beano character in number 10.

Can you imagine if Trump had been President? He would meet the man who had just walked on the moon and he would still make it all about him.

Watching some of the many documentaries on at the moment I am amazed at the amount of material which exists from the time. We think of it as a ‘black & white’ era with those few grainy low res video images from the moon compared to our modern phone camera era where everything is recorded but there is so much colour stuff that I haven't seen before.

There is some amazing footage of the astronauts’ families at home watching the whole thing live and listening to an audio feed on a squawk box provided by NASA. If things had gone wrong it would have been recorded in glorious 16mm.

7 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

... if the tide was out how come they landed in the Sea of Tranquility? :confused:

It was a sea when they set off ……… according to Look North's high tide forecast. It's happened to me.

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Can you imagine if Trump had been President? He would meet the man who had just walked on the moon and he would still make it all about him.

Watching some of the many documentaries on at the moment I am amazed at the amount of material which exists from the time. We think of it as a ‘black & white’ era with those few grainy low res video images from the moon compared to our modern phone camera era where everything is recorded but there is so much colour stuff that I haven't seen before.

There is some amazing footage of the astronauts’ families at home watching the whole thing live and listening to an audio feed on a squawk box provided by NASA. If things had gone wrong it would have been recorded in glorious 16mm.

No. It's really depressing to think who is now the President. 

36 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

It must have been somewhere like Cleethorpes.  After all, when Armstrong came down the ladder for the first time there was already a camera on the surface to record it. :lol:

10 minutes ago, BigPP said:

It must have been somewhere like Cleethorpes.  After all, when Armstrong came down the ladder for the first time there was already a camera on the surface to record it. :lol:

The CCTV for the dodgems ride I bet. And before anyone says there was no CCTV back in 1969 … that's a conspiracy..

Edited by mad-dad

The landings really happened, the cube which brought me to Earth was parked up in a nearby crater and me and the rest of the crew watched Eagle land.

8 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

The landings really happened, the cube which brought me to Earth was parked up in a nearby crater and me and the rest of the crew watched Eagle land.

Somebody else who can't tell the difference between an Eagle  and a Sea Gull

Talking of cubes, one of the very last interviews that David Bowie ever did was when Branson’s Virgin Galactic was being tested and he was asked if he fancied a go in it.

’’You’re joking!” he replied. “The very thought of going into space terrifies me.” So Ziggy Stardust, Starman and The Man who Fell to Earth was scared of space travel. 🤣😂🤣

The recent coverage has included many interviews with ordinary people doing extraordinary things, along with contemporary reports and descriptions covering more than a decade of peoples lives leading up to the landings.

Millions stories, experiences and memories woven into threads, into a fabric with no holes or flaws.

Why are the YouTube researchers still unable to find a single snag that would make experience of hundreds of millions of people into a lie?

My cousin said yesterday the moon landing was a hoax set up by Nasa.  She wanted to know why there hasn’t been more moon landings, one of the reasons why she thinks it’s a conspiracy.

The only answer I could give her was it’s to expensive and they have all the information they need about the moon, also they are more interested in landing men on Mars.   

Which country will be the first to land men on Mars?  I think it could be China.