Hammer Maniac Smashing Car Windows

6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

And I'd be amazed if someone didn't get index number.

Which is most likely how the police identified him.

The guy almost certainly has mental health problem so using his own, easily identified vehicle is not a big surprise.

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The guy almost certainly has mental health problem so using his own, easily identified vehicle is not a big surprise.

I hadn't seen your edit when I posted - so good, at least they know who they're after, but if they get chance to arrest him is another question.

With respect, you don't know he has MH problems, but if he does, then he is a danger to himself and the wider community.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I hadn't seen your edit when I posted - so good, at least they know who they're after, but if they get chance to arrest him is another question.

With respect, you don't know he has MH problems, but if he does, then he is a danger to himself and the wider community.

I didn’t say he had mental health problems, I said that he almost certainly has them. His behaviour is far from what most people would call normal.

I’d be very surprised if he was not arrested within the next 24 hours. 

24 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

As police haven’t released any suspect photos I guess the bus cctv didn’t catch anything.

Edited to add police have just named a suspect.

Hmmm... :huh:

Well looking at the photo of him posted by SYP...

... maybe he just doesn't like to see his own reflection? :suspect:

One in custody. 

hope he gets the help he needs if hes ill,if not lock him up as hes disrupted so many folks,he deserves what he gets

Guest makapaka
15 hours ago, Resident said:

One in custody. 

Good - could have really hurt someone.

more to the point could of killed someone,where there more than one?

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

where there more than one?

The police appeal for information has disappeared after the arrest so presumably not. SYP initially said that the attacks were linked so presumably were looking for one fella in connection with all of them.

Already in police custody.

On 20/07/2019 at 15:30, Top Cats Hat said:

Just reading this thread and had the same thought. It's the nature of the offense 

It's worrying what people are capable of though.

8 hours ago, bassett one said:

hope he gets the help he needs if hes ill,if not lock him up as hes disrupted so many folks,he deserves what he gets

First thing he'll get, maybe second, is a Mental Health Assessment. 

Just now, Ridgewalk said:

Just reading this thread and had the same thought. It's the nature of the offense 

Car window smashing is apparently quite common in mental health cases.

A chap who used to live in my brother’s street used to do this every couple of years. The police told my brother not to tell his insurance company that it was smashed deliberately as apparently many windscreen policies at the time only covered accidental damage and if the insurance company knew that it was caused by criminal damage, he would lose his £250 excess and a year’s no claims for the sake of an £80 windscreen.