Soda Water

I dont go out very often and wondered, do pubs charge for soda water?

2 hours ago, Gromit said:

I dont go out very often and wondered, do pubs charge for soda water?

I would say yes without any doubt. I have never been in a Pub in all of my life where they gave free drink of any description away to a customer over the bar.

Angel1.

14 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I have never been in a Pub in all of my life where they gave free drink of any description away to a customer over the bar.

Tap water?

In the old days there used to be a soda syphon at the end of the bar in some pubs  and you could help yourself , providing you were putting it in a drink that you had paid for, like whiskey.Very few people , in those days would have gone into a pub just to drink soda water. It's a whole new world today.

4 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Tap water?

I don't class tap water in a Public House as " drink " to be honest. I do class Soda Water as drink though.

Angel1.

29 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I don't class tap water in a Public House as " drink " to be honest. I do class Soda Water as drink though.

If you can drink it, it’s a drink.

Pubs do charge for soda water.

Sometimes it can be very expensive (like £2 a glass).

If it's on the soft drink pump and you're having it as a mixer, then usually no. I have white wine and soda a lot and never get charged. I've never had it on it's own though. 

If it's not on the pump, so in bottles, then you definitely have to pay. 

8 minutes ago, Jobean said:

If it's on the soft drink pump and you're having it as a mixer, then usually no. I have white wine and soda a lot and never get charged. I've never had it on it's own though. 

If it's not on the pump, so in bottles, then you definitely have to pay. 

I've often had it from the pump for free but depends where you are. I've also had it where I have been charged or had lime and soda but just been charged for the dash of lime.

I’m almost sure Wetherspoons don’t charge for soda water, however if you ask them for soda and lime it’s 40p for a small glass they just charge for the lime, don’t think that will break the bank.

Nearly all the Wetherspoons pubs I have been in  also have containers with tap water and glasses on the bar counter, which is also free.

Water is generally free unless bottled. Weatherspoons and a lot of smaller pubs often put infused water (cucumber, lemon, orange, lime etc) in a huge jug on the bar for people to help themselves. I doubt anything else is free