Knee Injury

has anyone suffered a posterolateral corner knee injury , 

my son injured his knee about a year ago , dr at northern general was 100 %convinced it was his acl but mri scan showed no ligament damage , told him he would be ok in 6 weeks 

a year later still can hardly walk 

paid private to go to the physios next to hallamshire hospital 

told him his posterolateral corner is damaged , might need knee reconstruction , but got to build the muscles up around it first 

minimum of 6 months without playing sport 

just wondering  if anyone has also had this 

I have lateral collateral ligament damage - not to the extent of your sons i would think.
i strap mine when i play sports and pump in the co-codamol next morning when i hobble down stairs.

I have some weakness in it when kneeling, but for me it is a toss up of surgery and recuperation and trying to get back into sport at my age or wait until i can play no more and then get it sorted.

8 hours ago, striker15 said:

has anyone suffered a posterolateral corner knee injury , 

my son injured his knee about a year ago , dr at northern general was 100 %convinced it was his acl but mri scan showed no ligament damage , told him he would be ok in 6 weeks 

a year later still can hardly walk 

paid private to go to the physios next to hallamshire hospital 

told him his posterolateral corner is damaged , might need knee reconstruction , but got to build the muscles up around it first 

minimum of 6 months without playing sport 

just wondering  if anyone has also had this 

If he can still hardly walk a year later I would be asking his GP for a second opinion.