Traffic, Hillsborough ( Tramlines)

I need to pick up a friend in hillsborough at 9 am on Saturday. My concern is will the traffic be busy at that time due to tramlines.

I have no idea of the disturbance to expect at that time of day. 

i would think its always busy especially around the childrens hospital island,why not use a taxi or a tram

Children's Hospital island?  In Hillsborough?

It will probably be busier than usual OP, but the tramgate will be operating as usual so car traffic won't be travelling through.  Depending on what direction you're coming from it might still be okay.

It shouldn't be much worse than normal as the venue doesn't open till midday.

Thank you for the replies, I didn't realise it opened at midday ,I assumed that things would be happening from earlier.

I was worried about the traffic tonight after my shift at NGH, we'd already had an email about possible delays to the H1 bus, but it sailed through with no problems, even though people were heading to the event, so i think people are avoiding going that way, probably the same all weekend.