Jump to content

Are You Looking Forward To 29/08/2019?

Recommended Posts

Personally, I’m so excited. I get giddy just thinking about it, but I think a lot of people just don’t realise how much better things will be after 29th August.

 

If the current adverts are to be believed, then after that date there’ll be no more cold calling or adverts about claiming back ppi. What’s not to like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea what you're on about, but I assume this is some government initiative to stop these things.

 

Sadly, although it may stop TV/radio adverts, it will have zero effect on the telephone pests - many of these originate outside the UK, and our authorities have zero control over them. The fact they often show as UK numbers is irrelevant - they are spoofed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever So sorry to rain on your parade:

But I've recently had a Call: - Did you work in Heavy Engineering ? 

Possibly you may have HEARING LOSS....You could Claim... I said sorry I can't hear you!...

Then they rang back Weeks later, in conversation I found out you can only Claim if you worked at a Firm for over 3 Years...sadly I didn't ... So I can't claim!

 

I no longer get their calls....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

No idea what you're on about, but I assume this is some government initiative to stop these things.

 

Sadly, although it may stop TV/radio adverts, it will have zero effect on the telephone pests - many of these originate outside the UK, and our authorities have zero control over them. The fact they often show as UK numbers is irrelevant - they are spoofed.

It's the final day that people can claim PPI. No claims are to be accepted after the 29th August

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Groose said:

It's the final day that people can claim PPI. No claims are to be accepted after the 29th August

Cheers, @Groose. I was well aware of that - missed the bit in the OP about PPI, but sadly they'll just find something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve put in a claim for PPI but don’t think I will get it. But you have to try don’t you ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PPI?  Shouldn't this thread be merged with  the " Urination in Public " one?  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Eater Sundae said:

Personally, I’m so excited. I get giddy just thinking about it, but I think a lot of people just don’t realise how much better things will be after 29th August.

 

If the current adverts are to be believed, then after that date there’ll be no more cold calling or adverts about claiming back ppi. What’s not to like?

Aren't we due to be hit by a massive asteroid on 09/09/2019?

 

And we've booked our holidays for the end of Sept.  Feel an insurance claim will be going in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2019 at 23:35, pattricia said:

I’ve put in a claim for PPI but don’t think I will get it. But you have to try don’t you ?

I put a claim in for industrial deafness 6 months ago, but I've heard nothing yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Janus said:

I put a claim in for industrial deafness 6 months ago, but I've heard nothing yet. 

You are going to have to be patient.

 

In a former life I used to deal with such claims and some of them will rumble on for 3+ years with still no guarantee of the payout.

 

Unless there is an absolutely cast-iron medical causation position, most companies will quite happily put up a fight against noise induced loss claims even if they breach their duty.

 

 

Edited by ECCOnoob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2019 at 18:40, Eater Sundae said:

Personally, I’m so excited. I get giddy just thinking about it, but I think a lot of people just don’t realise how much better things will be after 29th August.

 

If the current adverts are to be believed, then after that date there’ll be no more cold calling or adverts about claiming back ppi. What’s not to like?

Sorry to burst your bubble - but I wouldn't get too excited.

 

Today's PPI cold calling and mass marketing is just yesterday's personal injury claims.     Tomorrow's cold calling is already being developed - Data Breach Claims will be the next big thing.    After that, already simmering on the back burner is pension misselling.. 

 

The calls are set to continue im afraid.  Its an ever evolving process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Janus said:

I put a claim in for industrial deafness 6 months ago, but I've heard nothing yet. 

I think that comment just got a big 'WOOOSH' Janus.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.