Having A Shopping Order Delivered.

I’m thinking of having a grocery shopping order delivered but have never done this before. I know I have to order on my iPad, but what is the actual procedure ? 

Create an account with the shops you want to use

Log on to account

Chose delivery day/time

Do your shopping

Pay

Wait for the goodies!

7 minutes ago, zach said:

Create an account with the shops you want to use

Log on to account

Chose delivery day/time

Do your shopping

Pay

Wait for the goodies!

Thank you zach.

I wish you more luck than I had. The first order or two were fine. I only used it when I was working long hours and planning a party / dinner party. The substitutions just got silly and i ended up going shopping anyway. They are supposed to tell you about them. There were so many it was beyond silly. I ordered rock salt but they sent table salt. I ordered a large box of mixed cheese biscuits, they sent one small pack. It would have been fine if they had sent a few pack roughly the same size / weight as the box. How was I supposed to make a cheese and biscuit course for six people with one pack of biscuits? 

One day it didn't get delivered at all. They kept saying it would be late but still come. They told me late evening it wasn't coming. I was preparing to cook for visitors. 

9 minutes ago, Chez2 said:

I wish you more luck than I had. The first order or two were fine. I only used it when I was working long hours and planning a party / dinner party. The substitutions just got silly and i ended up going shopping anyway. They are supposed to tell you about them. There were so many it was beyond silly. I ordered rock salt but they sent table salt. I ordered a large box of mixed cheese biscuits, they sent one small pack. It would have been fine if they had sent a few pack roughly the same size / weight as the box. How was I supposed to make a cheese and biscuit course for six people with one pack of biscuits? 

One day it didn't get delivered at all. They kept saying it would be late but still come. They told me late evening it wasn't coming. I was preparing to cook for visitors. 

Which supermarket was it ?

I've used...

Ocado

ASDA

Tesco

Iceland

They have all been ok but you must also not accept rubbish. Get on the phone straight away and complain if things are wrong. I won't accept substitutes if the option is there, you can end up with some very odd things!

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

Which supermarket was it ?

ASDA and Tesco. When I went through the substitutions and told them the driver dropped and ran which was against their policy they didn't apologise. I also said if the substitutions were sensible it wouldn't have been such a problem. When it get to eight substitutions on a weekly shop for two people plus one dinner party then its time to pack in. They made no effort to apologise for the silly substitutions or offer anything off the next shop. 

Some of the fruit and veg was okay but some was very poor quality. I would not have picked it up in store. It wasn't as though there had been bad weather or any other disruption to cause such poor stock control. 

We’ve been having deliveries from Tesco once or twice a month for the last 5 years. No problems at all!

42 minutes ago, Silverfox21 said:

We’ve been having deliveries from Tesco once or twice a month for the last 5 years. No problems at all!

That’s good. I may use them. I would have liked Aldi but they do not deliver.

We have never had any substitutions that have been from Asda and we have used them every 3 weeks for the last 4  years.

3 hours ago, desy said:

We have never had any substitutions that have been from Asda and we have used them every 3 weeks for the last 4  years.

Another one for me to consider then. I’m spoilt for choice now. Looks like Tesco and Asda are good but what about Morrisons or Iceland ? Anyone had them ? 

When you sign up, just tick the box not to allow substitutions.

You can also go back and change it by editing your account.

Anyone getting substitutions must be allowing it.

Edited by Cenobite