Smoking Cannabis In Public

7 hours ago, Phili Buster said:

I suppose you also don't notice any impairment in your driving after 2 or 3 pints of lager? 

Could you explain how if you are smoking it that you are not in possession of it?

The guy in possession is passing the joint around. 😎

On 17/07/2019 at 11:03, Martin C said:

On 20/07/2019 at 12:36, Top Cats Hat said:

Here’s your problem. One makes you relaxed, chilled out and maybe in need of a trip to the all night garage for Quavers and Topic bars.

The other makes you loud, aggressive, damages your liver and leaves you sparked out in the gutter where you wet yourself in your sleep.

I know which I would prefer to see, legal or not.

Having seen someone develop a serious mental health condition, almost certainly as a result of a cannabis habit that started as a teenager, I would strongly disagree that cannabis is harmless.  Sure, alcohol carries it own, different, health risks but that’s not a reason to advocate cannabis use. More people drink alcohol sensibly than are ‘loud, aggressive with liver damage and end up sparked out in the gutter’, just as more cannabis users are chilled out and have cravings for crisps and chocolate bars than end up with serious mental health issues. 

1 hour ago, redruby said:

I would strongly disagree that cannabis is harmless.  

Nobody is saying cannabis is harmless.

The question is if someone had sunk bottles of strong cider in the way they smoke joints what sort of condition would they be in after long term use?

Probably not very well either, there aren't many things you can take in excess over long periods and still be in decent shape.

Edited by geared

On 17/07/2019 at 05:55, Top Cats Hat said:

I’d rather see someone smoking a joint in public than swigging from a 3 litre bottle of high strength cider.

I actually agree with this. 

2 minutes ago, erichughbanks said:

I actually agree with this. 

Bit late to the party, @erichughbanks🙂

On 17/07/2019 at 11:23, Jason302 said:

Since when has it been acceptable to openly smoke this stuff in public?

I'm finding it occurs just about every where I go these days.  When my kids are asking what's that smell dad, I'm tempted to say it's people who are smoking drugs that will make them ill one day.

Do start on me saying about medicinal and all that because, in that case it should be used privately. These are usually  folk that  look they havent two halfpennys to rub together pushing prams  yes some have kids with them!!!  Some I've seen in shop doorqats openly roll one up and smoke It!!

On TV it usually shows the very rich people taking drugs , sniffing stuff up their snouts .

Is cannabis any worse than alcohol abuse ,  

I've absolutely no problem with folk who want to smoke weed, but smoking it on the street or in a public area just makes them look a bit of a scratter.

Each to their own though.

Covid! Covid covid covid covid bleedin' freedoms covid!

Hang on, wrong account...