Smoking Cannabis In Public

On 18/07/2019 at 08:44, Cyclone said:

Yes, we know the law on drug driving.

Are you seriously trying to claim that getting a second hand whiff of someone smoking is the equivalent of having smoked it yourself?

Roy Castle died of lung cancer allegedly by breathing other peoples cig smoke.

" Mr Castle had never smoked, but said he contracted his illness after years of playing in smoky jazz clubs early in his career. "

If correct, maybe ingesting someone else's splif smoke might have some effect.

Angel1.

It would, but you'd have to inhale alot.

Roy Castle was exposed over decades which eventually lead to cancer.

Roy Castle could have just got cancer anyway.  Lung cancer isn't exclusively caused by smoking.

The active ingredient in weed, THC, is only in very small doses during exhalation.  You can get stoned from it, but you need to be in a fairly small non ventilated area.

41 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

" Mr Castle had never smoked, but said he contracted his illness after years of playing in smoky jazz clubs early in his career. "

Angel1.

I think you're might be confused about the subject in hand.

40 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

An interesting aside is that story is that although Roy Castle was a natural Tory, he never fully endorsed Thatcher because of her links to British American Tobacco.

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

I already linked you the studies that have investigated the effects of second hand cannabis smoke, I can't read them for you as well though.

3 hours ago, Cyclone said:

I think you're might be confused about the subject in hand.

No, not confused in any way. Just providing a link that might show that ingesting someone else's spent air, be it fag or splif, might just have an adverse effect on the breather of that air. Not too hard to understand I hope. Sorry it goes against your linked studies. Just my opinion.

Angel1.

Just now, ANGELFIRE1 said:

No, not confused in any way. Just providing a link that might show that ingesting someone else's spent air, be it fag or splif, 

It’s Apples and oranges though.

The original claim was that a couple of seconds of passive exposure to someone walking along the pavement smoking a fat one could impair driving. Your case is about someone whose entire working life was spent, not only in enclosed smoky clubs (I’m sure you are old enough to remember when EVERYONE smoked,) but also playing a trumpet which involves breathing in and out a lot more air that if he was just sat there having a pint. 

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

No, not confused in any way. Just providing a link that might show that ingesting someone else's spent air, be it fag or splif, might just have an adverse effect on the breather of that air. Not too hard to understand I hope. Sorry it goes against your linked studies. Just my opinion.

Angel1.

So you're speculating based on something you think is similar, instead of just looking at the studies of actual second hand inhalation of cannabis smoke...  why?

7 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

In a street most likely chocked with pollutants from traffic, most likely an unmeasurable effect

On 17/07/2019 at 11:55, Top Cats Hat said:

I’d rather see someone smoking a joint in public than swigging from a 3 litre bottle of high strength cider.

Really ?  How bizarre