Smoking Cannabis In Public

On 17/07/2019 at 11:55, Top Cats Hat said:

I’d rather see someone smoking a joint in public than swigging from a 3 litre bottle of high strength cider.

Couldn't agree more. 

And anyone that wants to make a ridiculous claim that the smell offends them, or even more hilariously, that the smell impairs their driving, presumably also oppose; bonfires, manure spreading in the countryside, any odour from a restaurant extractor fan, gardeners who assault our senses with freshly cut grass etc.. 

The earth belongs to us all. If you dont like a smell, move away from it. And please, don't embarrass yourself claiming the odour impairs drivers.  No one is buying that guff.

On 17/07/2019 at 11:55, Top Cats Hat said:

I’d rather see someone smoking a joint in public than swigging from a 3 litre bottle of high strength cider.

Here is your problem, one is legal, the other is not. Have a guess which is illegal.

Angel1.

5 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Here is your problem, one is legal, the other is not. Have a guess which is illegal.

Here’s your problem. One makes you relaxed, chilled out and maybe in need of a trip to the all night garage for Quavers and Topic bars.

The other makes you loud, aggressive, damages your liver and leaves you sparked out in the gutter where you wet yourself in your sleep.

I know which I would prefer to see, legal or not.

20 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

Is that your only problem with it then?  We could fix that issue by simply making it legal!

On 19/07/2019 at 15:26, Top Cats Hat said:

An interesting aside is that story is that although Roy Castle was a natural Tory, he never fully endorsed Thatcher because of her links to British American Tobacco.

Is this true ?

On 19/07/2019 at 08:21, Cyclone said:

Were you smoking it before you typed that?

😂😂

3 hours ago, mickey finn said:

Is this true ?

😂😂

It is.

His widow Fiona continued the campaign after his death, often locking horns with BAT over their ‘creative’ use of medical studies to claim that there were no proven links between exposure to passive smoking and lung disease.

On 20/07/2019 at 04:54, crookesjoe said:

Couldn't agree more. 

And anyone that wants to make a ridiculous claim that the smell offends them, or even more hilariously, that the smell impairs their driving, presumably also oppose; bonfires, manure spreading in the countryside, any odour from a restaurant extractor fan, gardeners who assault our senses with freshly cut grass etc.. 

The earth belongs to us all. If you dont like a smell, move away from it. And please, don't embarrass yourself claiming the odour impairs drivers.  No one is buying that guff.

It's not at all ridiculous to say the smell is unpleasant.

On the rare occasion I catch a whiff, I find it somewhat unpleasant, and I used to smoke so much of the stuff as a youth I positively reeked of it.

I'm in favour of legalisation, but wouldn't want to see everyone smoking it in public.

I've noticed plenty of men smoking cannabis in the street, but no women. Do they?

About 3 or 4 years ago I was outside simmonites in town and an elderly lady (70 plus I would say), removed from her handbag a splif that Mr. Marley himself would have been proud of (a king L for those in the know).  Put it to her lips, lit it and walked down the road smoking it like it was the most normal thing in the world.

On the smell thing, I was a heavy heavy smoker for two decades and I don't think it is silly to complain about the smell.  I never particularly liked it.

On 17/07/2019 at 15:34, Top Cats Hat said:

There is no credible evidence whatsoever, that intermittent, casual passive smoking can impair a driver’s performance.

I don’t smoke myself but have driven many thousands of miles with someone blazing in either the passenger seat or in the back and have never noticed any impairment, even when driving at night after a long day.

I suppose you also don't notice any impairment in your driving after 2 or 3 pints of lager? 

On 17/07/2019 at 23:57, Top Cats Hat said:

It is illegal to possess cannabis. It is illegal to sell cannabis. It is illegal to drive under the influence of cannabis.

It is not illegal to smoke it. 🙂

Could you explain how if you are smoking it that you are not in possession of it?

6 minutes ago, Phili Buster said:

I suppose you also don't notice any impairment in your driving after 2 or 3 pints of lager? 

I’ve no idea, I’ve never tried it! 😂

On 19/07/2019 at 15:26, Top Cats Hat said:

An interesting aside is that story is that although Roy Castle was a natural Tory, he never fully endorsed Thatcher because of her links to British American Tobacco.

Was it BAT who argued that they were providing a great service to third world?  Their contention was that people who smoke generally die younger so the health authorities in these countries would not have to allocate as much resource into looking after old people.