Smoking Cannabis In Public

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Just shows how ridiculous our drug laws are.

They are ridiculous, but not for this reason.

If possession of something is illegal, then you don't really need to make specific actions illegal do you, smoking it, weaving it into a hairnet, baking it into cookies or making art with it, anything you do with it basically requires you to have it, unless makapaka is holding it for you, so possession is a catch all for any kind of action you might take with it.

On 17/07/2019 at 16:21, Cyclone said:

You don't call for things to be banned because there's no "not".  You need a very clear and specific reason to make behaviour illegal.

They shouldn't smoke it anywhere that tobacco shouldn't be smoked...  Which is anywhere it might annoy someone else IMO, but legally is inside any publicly accessible building or enclosure.

Edit - there's no evidence that being close to someone smoking will impair driving.

No I don’t. I didn’t ask for IMO.

51 minutes ago, prince al said:

No I don’t. I didn’t ask for IMO.

Yes, you do.  Do you have a very clear and specific reason, or is it just your unsupported opinion?

15 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Google to the rescue

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/what-are-effects-secondhand-exposure-to-marijuana-smoke

3 hours in a ventilated space with people casually smoking leaves you below the level of THC which would fail a drug driving test.

So walking past a single person in the street, almost certainly undetectable and biologically irrelevant levels of THC.

Contact highs have been reported if you sit in an unventilated space with multiple smokers for extended lengths of time.

A Canadian snowboarder had his Olympic gold medal taken from him some years ago, when they found traces of marijuana in his system. He had the medal returned to him, when it was discovered he had inhaled it at a party where everyone but him was smoking up, just a few days before his Olympic event.

Edited by Ontarian1981

Ok seems those who smoke it are relying,...so what about t vaping? It safe passively???

7 hours ago, Jason302 said:

Ok seems those who smoke it are relying,...so what about t vaping? It safe passively???

Were you smoking it before you typed that?

10 hours ago, Jason302 said:

What question did you even want to ask??   You are not making any sense.

10 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

A Canadian snowboarder had his Olympic gold medal taken from him some years ago, when they found traces of marijuana in his system. 

It has always struck me as a bit silly when athletes are penalised for taking substances which are clearly performance reducing rather than enhancing.

When did the ban on performance enhancing drugs become a ban on all drugs?

The 2nd time in quick succession that I have agreed with you tch!  I sense a budding bromance.

Drugs that clearly have a detrimental impact on performance should not have any usage penalties outside of the criminal justice system.

If someonr won a gold medal after smoking weed, that's seriously impressive.

When I used to smoke I found it difficult enough to muster enough energy to walk to the toilet.

It's probably related to their role model position and societal attitudes towards drugs which have been decided to be illegal.

Out of interest, would an athlete be penalised for smoking just before a race, getting a nice hit of nicotine to the system?  Legal of course, almost everywhere.  Or perhaps if they had a shot of vodka?

Edited by Cyclone

On 17/07/2019 at 23:57, Top Cats Hat said:

It is illegal to possess cannabis. It is illegal to sell cannabis. It is illegal to drive under the influence of cannabis.

It is not illegal to smoke it. 🙂

To smoke it you must posses it, how do you square that circle.

Angel1.

6 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

To smoke it you must posses it, how do you square that circle.

You get a stooge to hold the joint while you take a puff.