Smoking Cannabis In Public

Since when has it been acceptable to openly smoke this stuff in public?

I'm finding it occurs just about every where I go these days.  When my kids are asking what's that smell dad, I'm tempted to say it's people who are smoking drugs that will make them ill one day.

Do start on me saying about medicinal and all that because, in that case it should be used privately. These are usually  folk that  look they havent two halfpennys to rub together pushing prams  yes some have kids with them!!!  Some I've seen in shop doorqats openly roll one up and smoke It!!

27 minutes ago, Jason302 said:

I'm finding it occurs just about every where I go these days.  When my kids are asking what's that smell dad, I'm tempted to say it's people who are smoking drugs that will make them ill one day.

Do start on me saying about medicinal and all that because, in that case it should be used privately. These are usually  folk that  look they havent two halfpennys to rub together pushing prams  yes some have kids with them!!!  Some I've seen in shop doorqats openly roll one up and smoke It!!

Where have you been for the last 10 years at least ?

This is nothing new ................................

I’d rather see someone smoking a joint in public than swigging from a 3 litre bottle of high strength cider.

ITS A SILLY LAW,it needs rules and making legal,but like cigs put in real enforcable rules,sell from licensed shops and collect tax,because as it stands only dealers make illegal cash

12 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I’d rather see someone smoking a joint in public than swigging from a 3 litre bottle of high strength cider.

Personally I would rather neither was permitted.

At least 10 years ago, I got very angry with a youth smoking something very strong-smelling outside my kids' primary school at 8:30 in the morning. He looked shocked and surprised that someone had challenged him, but I did not see (or smell) him doing it again. In any other circumstances, I would have ignored it.

More recently, I was walking near Redmires when I met a family out with young children; one of the parents was holding a large spliff that I could smell several minutes before I enountered them. Cannabis use is now completely normalised but I do feel sad that young children are being exposed to it on a regular basis.

Wouldn't recognise it to be fair. What are the concerns ? Does  it cause people to act anti socially ? Genuine question

1 hour ago, prince al said:

Personally I would rather neither was permitted.

Why?

3 hours ago, Jason302 said:

Chill mate. Weed is harmless.

It smells and if someone who drives is within close proximity of the weed offender then it can impair that drivers performance on the road.... it's always about the drug.....educate the users to the fact that we don't all use It, we don't appreciate it being used openly and it's not a choice  for non users when it's smoked anywhere the y  think that  they can use it .  Non users dont have the option when the offender lights up wherever they want.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Jason302 said:

It smells and if someone who drives is within close proximity of the weed offender then it can impair that drivers performance on the road.... 

There is no credible evidence whatsoever, that intermittent, casual passive smoking can impair a driver’s performance.

I don’t smoke myself but have driven many thousands of miles with someone blazing in either the passenger seat or in the back and have never noticed any impairment, even when driving at night after a long day.

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

Wouldn't recognise it to be fair. What are the concerns ? Does  it cause people to act anti socially ? Genuine question

Not as much as alcohol, but the smell is quite pungent which some don't like.

Theres been some attempts to link stronger strains to mental health issues by the media and some politicians, but the science is pretty wishy-washy and it generally ignores the fact that places where it is fully legal aren't total madhouses.

Edited by geared