Urination In Public

27 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

There are many toilets available to the public in cafes, pubs and shops throughout the city centre, as I am sure you know, so please don't be an apologist for such repugnant behaviour. 

They're not all available to the public though are they, and the ones that are don't advertise it.  So you run the risk of being told it's customers only as you play a guessing game of "do they have a toilet, and is it open to the public"...

In 2019 there is little need for precious taxpayer monies to be spent on dozens of council facilities.     People dont generally go milling around the streets for hours on end.    If you are in the city for a legitimate purpose you will have access to multiple toilets. 

I have said before and say again....

If you are eating out - every restaurant, cafe and fast food venue  has one.

If you are drinking - every single pub, bar and club has them.

If you are shopping nearly every department store or shopping mall has them.

If you are travelling, the station and both interchanges have them

If you are on business every office block, business centre, council office and hotel will have them

If you are studying, there are dozens all over the university buildings. 

If you are here for leisure - every cinema, bowling alley, theatre, museum, gallery and  library has them.

If you are one of those unfortunate people who just happens to fall through the gap of any of the above then be a devil and sneak into somewhere.   There are even registered places on the community toliet scheme which allow public access irrelevant of purchases or purpose.

Edited by ECCOnoob

9 hours ago, Martin C said:

Getting caught short can happen to anyone  (though it's pathetic when blokes leave pubs and immediately seek a  shop doorways to pee in) but some 'people' seem to have no discretion (or shame) whatsoever.

Yes.  Some blokes seem to prefer going for slash around a back alley of a pub rather using the toilets in the pub. I really can’t understand this.  Recently I saw a man get off a bus on Ecclesall road and go for pee against a wall in full view. He ended up peeing all over his shorts and hands though with so many people around barging past. Justice was done 😂 

In the old days, does anyone remember peeing on the terraces during a match?

8 minutes ago, redruby said:

Yes.  Some blokes seem to prefer going for slash around a back alley of a pub rather using the toilets in the pub. I really can’t understand this.  Recently I saw a man get off a bus on Ecclesall road and go for pee against a wall in full view. He ended up peeing all over his shorts and hands though with so many people around barging past. Justice was done 😂 

Hmmm... :huh:

... well I suppose it's fortunate really that the bus was travelling on Ecclesall Road.

There's some areas of Sheffield where he probably wouldn't have even got off the bus... :gag:

7 hours ago, Cyclone said:

They're not all available to the public though are they, and the ones that are don't advertise it.  So you run the risk of being told it's customers only as you play a guessing game of "do they have a toilet, and is it open to the public"...

Nonsense.  Do you think pubs are constantly monitoring who's in their toilets? Or m and s, John Lewis, millennium galleries, Atkinsons, McDonald's, coffee chains?

It is perfectly legal for a man to urinate on the rear wheel of his car, providing his right hand is resting on the roof of his car.

Pregnant women can legally relieve themselves in any public place, including a policemans helmet.

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

Nonsense.  Do you think pubs are constantly monitoring who's in their toilets? Or m and s, John Lewis, millennium galleries, Atkinsons, McDonald's, coffee chains?

I believe I commented on cafe's, not pubs.  McDonalds actually did used to try to spot non customers, and smaller places are likely to be able to spot someone walking in and straight to the loo.

The point though wasn't that you can abuse the customer only toilets of many businesses, it was about the community toilets scheme, which as I said is not advertised and so of no practical use.

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

In 2019 there is little need for precious taxpayer monies to be spent on dozens of council facilities.     People dont generally go milling around the streets for hours on end.    If you are in the city for a legitimate purpose you will have access to multiple toilets. 

Presumably you think that in the past people did "mill around" for hours on end?

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

If you are eating out - every restaurant, cafe and fast food venue  has one.

Where is the customer toilet in the devonshire chippy then?

Edited by Cyclone

49 minutes ago, Padders said:

It is perfectly legal for a man to urinate on the rear wheel of his car, providing his right hand is resting on the roof of his car.

Pregnant women can legally relieve themselves in any public place, including a policemans helmet.

And if he doesn't have a car, the closest one will do.😌

It is definitely a cultural thing.

I was driving along an autostrada somewhere in northern Italy once and saw what I thought was a broken down car. As I got closer I saw it was a black Porsche with a man in a very sharp Armani suit standing there peeing into the carriageway. When I pointed this out to my  Italian passenger she said that it wasn’t a thing.

As if to back her up, 10 miles further down the road was a police car parked up with two male polizei standing beside it, one smoking a fag and the other peeing onto the carriageway.

59 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It is definitely a cultural thing.

I was driving along an autostrada somewhere in northern Italy once and saw what I thought was a broken down car. As I got closer I saw it was a black Porsche with a man in a very sharp Armani suit standing there peeing into the carriageway. When I pointed this out to my  Italian passenger she said that it wasn’t a thing.

As if to back her up, 10 miles further down the road was a police car parked up with two male polizei standing beside it, one smoking a fag and the other peeing onto the carriageway.

Very similar here in France although they usually try to find a grate - and we still have many public toilets - 3 sets in our village of 1200 people.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Very similar here in France although they usually try to find a grate - and we still have many public toilets - 3 sets in our village of 1200 people.

One of my first trips to France had me confused by all the Defense d’Uriner signs. As a small child I assumed it was defense d’uriner everywhere except in a toilet.

My Uncle told me that French people can pee almost anywhere apart from where a sign says not! 😂