Urination In Public

18 minutes ago, Halibut said:

If they were properly funded and staffed it wouldn't be a problem.

Cost a lot of money H.  unless of course you are prepared to pay a pound to spend a penny.

22 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Staffed public toilets? 

Shops, cafes, restaurants etc etc should all be incentivised to open their toilets to the public (without needed to purchase anything first). 

4 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Staffed public toilets? 

Shops, cafes, restaurants etc etc should all be incentivised to open their toilets to the public (without needed to purchase anything first). 

And risk them being vandalised? OK, the risk is, I suppose, fairly low, but any damage means they out of action, and are going to cost the establishment to repair - and they will be unavailable to anyone.

Edited by RollingJ

10 hours ago, prolific said:

lack of public bogs dont help

But there are plenty of toilets you can sneakily use - station, pubs, McDonalds.

Wasn't there some sort of initiative years ago where the council linked up with places to offer public toilets to save running their own?

2 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

But there are plenty of toilets you can sneakily use - station, pubs, McDonalds.

Wasn't there some sort of initiative years ago where the council linked up with places to offer public toilets to save running their own?

The station charge, at least until you move to platform 8.

But yes, there was such an initiative.

20 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

The station charge, at least until you move to platform 8.

But yes, there was such an initiative.

From my experience at Sheffield - I assume that is the station you are referring to - none of the platform facilities have a charge, only the one on the main concourse.

34 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

From my experience at Sheffield - I assume that is the station you are referring to - none of the platform facilities have a charge, only the one on the main concourse.

Right, that's what I meant, on the main concourse you have to pay.  I'm not sure if every platform has a facility or not, but platforms 6-8 do.

10 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Right, that's what I meant, on the main concourse you have to pay.  I'm not sure if every platform has a facility or not, but platforms 6-8 do.

I've not checked every platform, but 2+3 do have, so I assume 4+5 do.

There's a difference between just 'letting rip' wherever you happen to be (as witnessed by the OP and sadly all too common these days) and making an attempt to find somewhere  as secluded and discreet as possible.  Getting caught short can happen to anyone  (though it's pathetic when blokes leave pubs and immediately seek a  shop doorways to pee in) but some 'people' seem to have no discretion (or shame) whatsoever.

no excuse as there are plenty of toilets that can be used in town many part of the community toilet scheme just off the top of my head they are at the bus station, All betting shops must have a toilet as part of their licence requirements, Starbucks/costa, Orchard square, Crucible, M&S, Cole Brothers. Debenhams, Atkinsons, Moor Market in fact there are more toilets for public use now than when we had public toilets

6 hours ago, Halibut said:

'What has happened to public toilets?' would be a more useful question.

There are many toilets available to the public in cafes, pubs and shops throughout the city centre, as I am sure you know, so please don't be an apologist for such repugnant behaviour. 

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, Halibut said:

So you agree they were often vandalised then?