Davy United Clock

Does anyone know why the Master Clock in the  Davy Timehouse was deliberately adjusted to run 1 hour per day fast ?

The clock's door catch was worn due to the door being opened many times during its 30 year life from  1966.

Cheers,

nurbard

36 minutes ago, nurbard said:

Does anyone know why the Master Clock in the  Davy Timehouse was deliberately adjusted to run 1 hour per day fast ?

The clock's door catch was worn due to the door being opened many times during its 30 year life from  1966.

Cheers,

nurbard

Daft answer.. perhaps nobody could be bothered altering it when they put the clocks forward.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Daft answer.. perhaps nobody could be bothered altering it when they put the clocks forward.

That’s possible. 

The digital clock in my car is such an arse to change back an hour in the autumn that I just leave it on British Summer Time all year round.

7 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That’s possible. 

The digital clock in my car is such an arse to change back an hour in the autumn that I just leave it on British Summer Time all year round.

Me too.

The Davy Master clock's wooden door has been worn away by being opened and closed many, many times. The reason must be something to do with money, possibly artificially shortening the shifts or artificially increasing overtime payments. This clock was used to stamp the time of day on the workers' clockcards and was directly involved with their pay.

nurbard