Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know why the Master Clock in the  Davy Timehouse was deliberately adjusted to run 1 hour per day fast ?

The clock's door catch was worn due to the door being opened many times during its 30 year life from  1966.

 

Cheers,

nurbard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, nurbard said:

Does anyone know why the Master Clock in the  Davy Timehouse was deliberately adjusted to run 1 hour per day fast ?

The clock's door catch was worn due to the door being opened many times during its 30 year life from  1966.

 

Cheers,

nurbard

Daft answer.. perhaps nobody could be bothered altering it when they put the clocks forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Padders said:

Daft answer.. perhaps nobody could be bothered altering it when they put the clocks forward.

That’s possible. 

 

The digital clock in my car is such an arse to change back an hour in the autumn that I just leave it on British Summer Time all year round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That’s possible. 

 

The digital clock in my car is such an arse to change back an hour in the autumn that I just leave it on British Summer Time all year round.

Me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Davy Master clock's wooden door has been worn away by being opened and closed many, many times. The reason must be something to do with money, possibly artificially shortening the shifts or artificially increasing overtime payments. This clock was used to stamp the time of day on the workers' clockcards and was directly involved with their pay.

 

nurbard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.