Virgin Media Price Increase

Just been notified by Virgin media that another price increase of £3.50 from september.

I only have broadband with them, as no phone line connected

They gave me the 200mbps but my equipment wont take 200 lucky to get 100 or less sometimess

1 hour ago, speleo1 said:

Just been notified by Virgin media that another price increase of £3.50 from september.

I only have broadband with them, as no phone line connected

They gave me the 200mbps but my equipment wont take 200 lucky to get 100 or less sometimess

time to move on then from greedy virgin lol

11 minutes ago, yorkyboyuk20 said:

time to move on then from greedy virgin lol

Once one provider increases their prices other follow 

unless your with one that says no  price increase for length of your contract

It's actually cheaper to get BB with a phone line, and just simply don't plug in a phone..

I have asked many times to have my line disconnected as I don't use it, but they said the price would go up - I just continue not having a phone plugged in...

I recently got an email saying mine was going up by 2.50 - and soon, they are due to upgrade everyone's speed, so once mine gets upgraded, i'll phone up and drop back down 1 step (back to what i'm on now) and end up paying less than I was previously!

Well when they gave that 200mbps i told them it wont work for me,but i got it anyway told them i want to drop down on speed,but they said i could not do it,so how do you get to drop back GHOZER,

1 hour ago, speleo1 said:

Well when they gave that 200mbps i told them it wont work for me,but i got it anyway told them i want to drop down on speed,but they said i could not do it,so how do you get to drop back GHOZER,

You just phone them up, saying you're trying to cut down your monthly bills a little, and that you don't need the speed you have at the moment, and a lower package would be better... they cannot refuse if you wish to down-grade.

Interesting how they don't force this price increase on businesses.  

5 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Interesting how they don't force this price increase on businesses.  

Business rates raise also, but usually at a different time!

I've had this also same boat only have BB 200mb from them, it's gone up £11 in three years now they upgraded me from 100 too 200 mb as i took there hub 3 on but still.

most i have seen on wifi is about 111mb with my phone resting on the router  get the full speed on wired though last time i checked .

1 hour ago, oldskool said:

I've had this also same boat only have BB 200mb from them, it's gone up £11 in three years now they upgraded me from 100 too 200 mb as i took there hub 3 on but still.

most i have seen on wifi is about 111mb with my phone resting on the router  get the full speed on wired though last time i checked .

You will rarely get full speed on WiFi - there are so many factors to consider, the ONLY way anyone will garuntee full speed is when plugged in...