Eagles In England

I saw a clip on YouTube showing the Eagles playing at Manchester Arena at the end of last month. Just wondering if they played in Sheffield at all on that tour. Anyone?

I don’t think so.

I do remember when they played the UK in 2006. Don Henley and Joe Walsh were interviewed on Radio Two and one of the questions asked was about the ticket prices making their shows exclusive to only those who can afford them (something along the lines of £350+ per seat for the London shows) Don Henley had no idea what the interviewer was getting at and simply replied that the ticket prices couldn’t have been too high as both shows had completely sold out.

It was an interesting insight into the difference in attitude to wealth between the UK and the US.

12 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I don’t think so.

I do remember when they played the UK in 2006. Don Henley and Joe Walsh were interviewed on Radio Two and one of the questions asked was about the ticket prices making their shows exclusive to only those who can afford them (something along the lines of £350+ per seat for the London shows) Don Henley had no idea what the interviewer was getting at and simply replied that the ticket prices couldn’t have been too high as both shows had completely sold out.

It was an interesting insight into the difference in attitude to wealth between the UK and the US.

I saw them here in Toronto in June 2010 and the seat prices were reasonable at about $150( Canadian dollars) for second level seats(it was a baseball stadium) not too far from the stage. These two nights were all sold out at about 45,000 attendace each night.

Maybe that is the key, perhaps prices go according to crowd capacities. The London venue may have not had a large audience capacity. Just saying.

Henley must make a ton of money as he is the only "Eagle", the rest are paid employees, including Walsh.

I thought you meant Golden Eagles you twallop!!!  :hihi:

Got me all excited!!!!

7 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Maybe that is the key, perhaps prices go according to crowd capacities. The London venue may have not had a large audience capacity. Just saying.

No, I can’t remember the venue but it was a talking point at the time as the Eagles tickets were over three time higher that similar artists at the same venue at the time.

On wages yes, but believe me, the other (original) Eagles are all multimilionaires too. It doesn’t always work that way though. When Pink Floyd sacked Rick Wright in 1979, then hired him as a session musician to play keyboards on The Wall shows, he was the only one to make any money as the production costs were so high.

There's an excellent tribute band called Ultimate Eagles playing at Sheffield City Hall on Sept. 27th, ticket prices: £31.36.

3 minutes ago, despritdan said:

There's an excellent tribute band called Ultimate Eagles playing at Sheffield City Hall on Sept. 27th, ticket prices: £31.36.

While not a huge fan of tribute bands, if I liked the songs rather than the individual musicians I think I would rather see a tribute act giving it 110% at the City Hall than the originals going through the motions at the Arena.

43 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I thought you meant Golden Eagles you twallop!!!  :hihi:

Got me all excited!!!!

Or the Sheffield Eagles rugby team.

Edited by Nightbird

37 minutes ago, despritdan said:

Yeah we nhave one over here called Hotel Calfornia, they are brilliant , close your eyes and you can't tell the difference.

52 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, I can’t remember the venue but it was a talking point at the time as the Eagles tickets were over three time higher that similar artists at the same venue at the time.

On wages yes, but believe me, the other (original) Eagles are all multimilionaires too. It doesn’t always work that way though. When Pink Floyd sacked Rick Wright in 1979, then hired him as a session musician to play keyboards on The Wall shows, he was the only one to make any money as the production costs were so high.

Randy Meisner left in 1979, I think, he still gets 1 million a year from the Eagles, or at least he was quite recently. Don Felder got an undislosed settlement when they booted him out. Both guys were in the Eagles "company', not emjployees. Bernie Leadon the original lead guitar didn't get much though, although he could be still getting some royaties, as he was credited with co writing a couple of early tunes.

Edited by Ontarian1981

I thought the Eagles had checked in to the Hotel California and never left. 

24 minutes ago, janie48 said:

I thought the Eagles had checked in to the Hotel California and never left. 

No, they checked OUT but never left. 😎