Lucas Joao Hands In A Transfer Request

13 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

on his day a skilled player. That said Star says the fee is undisclosed which on here means you are giving him away for nowt............

It also means we got Rhodes on a free, happy days🤣 on his day he is a very good player but can't do it consistently, could say that about most of our strikers though

59 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Never really fully reached his full potential. Wanted 7 million for him so should make a good profit on him but sure we won't get as much as that.

Youngest and probably paciest out of our current strikers though

I read that the fee could rise up to £7m. 

3 hours ago, iansheff said:

I read that the fee could rise up to £7m. 

I'd be surprised if it was 7 million up front, depends what the add ons as as to whether we get the full amount

Sorry to see him go. Yes, he's inconsistent but he's at an age now when that should stop being a problem. As for the fee, if Madine cost Cardiff £6m it should be at least as much.

Sky now is just damaging football with Clubs going over the Top with Valuation of players and the wages they get,how can Harry Maguire be valued at 80m-to 85m,more lower clubs will be finishing soon not able to pay there player wages,Some thing better be done soon to control the money being  spent or we will end up with just one league Football,Trevor Francis was the First million pound transfer,how can Lucas Joao be worth 7 million,o.k we were first happy when Sky first moved into football but there making it worst now

28 minutes ago, 1295galaxy said:

Sky now is just damaging football with Clubs going over the Top with Valuation of players and the wages they get,how can Harry Maguire be valued at 80m-to 85m,more lower clubs will be finishing soon not able to pay there player wages,Some thing better be done soon to control the money being  spent or we will end up with just one league Football,Trevor Francis was the First million pound transfer,how can Lucas Joao be worth 7 million,o.k we were first happy when Sky first moved into football but there making it worst now

Sky's great, their football coverage is 2nd to none

Good bit of Business 5 million rising to 7 for a player signed 4 year ago for 3 million, Joao can be an handfull when he wanted but can also be lazy & a waste of space .

Edited by owl.66

I read that Wednesday have had a sell on clause included, 20% if he is sold on for a profit by a new club.

Reading are paying by instalments of 850K X4,so not quite 5 million,and the add ons will never materialise like promotion or 20 goals in a season,theyd just rest him on 19 anyhow,the other is a bonus if he gets into the efl team of the year?Bizare,weve let the only foreward capable of 20 goals in a season go for peanuts,the mind boggles.

Its crap business on our part,but the owner is the one thats got us into this mess  with reckless spending and his trust in CC and Doyen sports,the one saving grace is Steve Bruce threw out doyens influence and possibly opened the chairmans eyes to how hed had custard poured down his pants,Bruces recruitment team are still at S6.

7 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Reading are paying by instalments of 850K X4,so not quite 5 million,and the add ons will never materialise like promotion or 20 goals in a season,theyd just rest him on 19 anyhow,the other is a bonus if he gets into the efl team of the year?Bizare,weve let the only foreward capable of 20 goals in a season go for peanuts,the mind boggles.

Its crap business on our part,but the owner is the one thats got us into this mess  with reckless spending and his trust in CC and Doyen sports,the one saving grace is Steve Bruce threw out doyens influence and possibly opened the chairmans eyes to how hed had custard poured down his pants,Bruces recruitment team are still at S6.

I think its around £5m in total I agree that some of the add on's will never happen but It think they would have taken it over £5m, the 20% sell on fee was a also a good idea.

You say he won't get 20 goals then see he's the only forward we have capable of 20??

24 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I think its around £5m in total I agree that some of the add on's will never happen but It think they would have taken it over £5m, the 20% sell on fee was a also a good idea.

You say he won't get 20 goals then see he's the only forward we have capable of 20??

Would it be 20% of the selling price or 20% of the profit made, could be a substantial difference.

1 hour ago, ALAN 58 said:

Would it be 20% of the selling price or 20% of the profit made, could be a substantial difference.

It is usually a percentage of the profit so if they sold him for say £15m Wednesday would get £2m of the £10m profit.