Lucas Joao Hands In A Transfer Request

Yep. That Clarke.

Where is he now, Alfreton?

For the final time, Wednesday were awful for 70 minutes of that game.

Clarke and Duffy were two bordering average players who got lucky on the day. Where's Duffy now, Alfreton?

Duffy beat Van Aken. My grandson would beat Van Aken.

When we played like we can, for 20 minutes, you barely got a kick.

Now back to Lucas Joao.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

10 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Yep. That Clarke.

Where is he now, Alfreton?

For the final time, Wednesday were awful for 70 minutes of that game.

Clarke and Duffy were two bordering average players who got lucky on the day. Where's Duffy now, Alfreton?

Duffy beat Van Aken. My grandson would beat Van Aken.

When we played like we can, for 20 minutes, you barely got a kick.

Now back to Lucas Joao.

I think this story originated from a blurry photo of Mr Chansiri pointing the finger at a person who resembled Lucas Joao in a Sheffield hotel, DC seemed to be gesturing a little angrily.  There was no proof the person was LJ or what was being said, the Sun 🙄 the printed a story saying he'd handed in a transfer request which then spread like wildfire, there's been nothing from the player to suggest he wants out, his Instagram page is full of photos of him in pre-season training with a smile on his face, it was a story that was completely without foundation. Lee Bullen has allegedly now refuted the claims.

For the record Joao seems a great lad and he's a very skilful player, he just can't seem to apply himself on a consistent basis and is therefore very frustrating.

1 minute ago, Brooker11 said:

I think this story originated from a blurry photo of Mr Chansiri pointing the finger at a person who resembled Lucas Joao in a Sheffield hotel, DC seemed to be gesturing a little angrily.  There was no proof the person was LJ or what was being said, the Sun 🙄 the printed a story saying he'd handed in a transfer request which then spread like wildfire, there's been nothing from the player to suggest he wants out, his Instagram page is full of photos of him in pre-season training with a smile on his face, it was a story that was completely without foundation. Lee Bullen has allegedly now refuted the claims.

For the record Joao seems a great lad and he's a very skilful player, he just can't seem to apply himself on a consistent basis and is therefore very frustrating.

Yep, that's what I think. If he can be activated, like Clarke and Sharp were at the Lane, then he could (and should) be a super player and a prolific goal scorer.

Jos played him wide in a 3 which he's not cut out for, needs to be up top, but for a big lad he's not very physical, spends all his time on floor. Capable on his day though

Joao is a gifted player with quick feet and no little skill,alas at times those feet seem too quick for his brain,I firmly believe had Lucas not got injured when he did last season,hed have hit the 20 goal mark,he was in great form just as the injury struck,hes in and out of the side way too much and his progress is hampered by rotation,for me hes up there with abraham,he needs a manager that belives in him enough to make him a regular starter every week

7 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Joao is a gifted player with quick feet and no little skill. He needs a manager that belives in him enough to make him a regular starter every week

Couldn't agree more. A bit of controversy here. Hows about a Joao / Winnall strike partnership? I like Fletcher a lot, but we need younger, pacier front men. I'd have kept Hooper personally (deffo our best chance of a 20 goals a season) but now he's gone, we have to consider other options. Should Rhodes settle back in, he's looking on fire at the moment, so must be one to favour........... IF........

Edited by Hotmale 1954

From the film footage (camera phone) that was floating about, it looks like Joao and Chancer have a bust up about something and Joao storms off, but it could have been anything (there was no sound on the twitter footage I saw), and as people are saying, if he seems happy enough in pre-season, it's probably all just made up paper talk.

An intriguing player I would say, just needs someone who can harness his potential and point him in the right direction.

Always thought he would fit in well with our system. 

10 hours ago, Grappler said:

From the film footage (camera phone) that was floating about, it looks like Joao and Chancer have a bust up about something and Joao storms off, but it could have been anything (there was no sound on the twitter footage I saw), and as people are saying, if he seems happy enough in pre-season, it's probably all just made up paper talk.

An intriguing player I would say, just needs someone who can harness his potential and point him in the right direction.

I've had many a bust up with managers/company owners in the past, it doesn't mean I want to leave, the claims were spurious at best. DC doesn't like selling players at the best of times, if you think he'd sell to a city rival think again.

Having said that if you've paid £10m for Moussett you can have him for £20m. 😂

12 hours ago, Grappler said:

Hes got flaws in his game,the biggest being he lacks physicality,not unlike brian deane before bassett got to work on him.

If he could iron that out,he could have a hell of a career in football,hes capable of playing at the higher end,hes got ability by the shed load for a tall guy,he just needs the right coach to light up the runway

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

Never really fully reached his full potential. Wanted 7 million for him so should make a good profit on him but sure we won't get as much as that.

Youngest and probably paciest out of our current strikers though

5 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Never really fully reached his full potential. Wanted 7 million for him so should make a good profit on him but sure we won't get as much as that.

Youngest and probably paciest out of our current strikers though

on his day a skilled player. That said Star says the fee is undisclosed which on here means you are giving him away for nowt............