Hyde Park Flats 1980s - Sue's Corner Shop - Any Memories?

Hi there

I'm working on a new BBC series called 'Back in Time', in which we tell the story of the history of the Corner Shop. It’s a ‘living history’ type of programme that uses a fictionalised shop set in Sheffield and an everyday family experiencing daily life behind the counter to take us through the different eras.

I wondered if anyone has any memories of Sue's Corner Shop, which was on the Hyde Park Flats estate in the 1980s? If so, I'd love to hear about them - and I'm really keen to track down Sue, or any of her relatives who might be able to share their memories of the shop or working in it. If anyone has any knowledge or leads please do let me know.

Any thoughts would be very gratefully received - please do drop me an  email on pamela.mcintyre@walltowall.co.uk.

Many thanks

Pam

Hyde Park was a complex of very few cornershops. Was it amongst the row of shops on High Pavement ?

I lived on Hyde Park from 1976 'til 1983.  I don't know where this shop was.  I remember Bradshaws that was a supermarket, I think the newsagaents was taylor's and Audrey's drapery